Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Brand new" 22-year-old John Isner (USA) is very tall - 6'9 (205 cm). I predict he'll be a part of many tight matches in the future. This guy has played only few matches in Challengers and Futures so I think he is a man to watch.

* Henman saved double match point at 4:5 with two aces (Isner was better in aces: 18-16... Isner served 3 aces in the tie-breaker!).

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Re: Isner def. Henman 4-6 6-4 7-6

I am still very sad today.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Tim :sad:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
At least Tim still has a shot at the doubles with Bhupathi.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Washington R1: J.Isner def T.Henman 4-6 6-4 7-6(4)

It was the first ATP win for Isner! :eek: He had two match points earlier in the third set - at 5-4, 40-15. Henman had one mini-match point at 5-5.

Both players served many aces, Isner 18, Henman 16.

But Henman performance :help:

·
Registered
32,120 Posts
Henman should retire.What as stupid loser.
Won 5 matches this whole year :retard:

And now loses against a player which has not go anything,just serve,and is playing his 2nd career ATP match.

Well done,Tim :retard: :retard: :retard:

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Losing to someone who doesn't play tennis (and I'm a big karlovic fan) is just not necessary.

Tim, it's over. Retire like a champ. Don't retire like Villas did by losing to 16 years old in portuguese satellites...

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Lovro Zovko and Sasa Tuksar should be enough to make Croatia beat Great Britain if this continues...

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Karlovic's serve is better than Isner's, however John has better groundstrokes.

John's post college career has started off brilliantly. His pro career thus far:
Wins his first pro tourney (USA F14)
Wins his first challenger (only second challenger he played) (Lexington)
Wins his first ATP match over Henman. :worship:

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
This is the most gutted I have felt after a tennis match for months (and I couldn't even view it, or the scoreboard). I knew it wouldn't be easy for him, but I secretly hoped that he could start to turn things around this week. :sad:

Someone needs to slap him around the face and tell him to qualify for some of the Tour events...he needs the extra matches (and any extra points, should he qualify). Going to Montréal and Cincinnati next week and looking into the tournament director's eyes like a puppy dog who has lost its favourite toy just isn't going to help him.

I just hope the papers aren't too hard on him tomorrow, and I hope he won't make any rash decisions... :sad: :sobbing: :bigcry

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Karlovic's serve is better than Isner's, however John has better groundstrokes.
Really? So, he can play as well as Karlovic on clay?

And his volleys? Are they world-class like Karlovic's?

(No irony intended. I haven't seen Isner play, so I'm just a curious guy)

About the serve: Karlovic is simply the best server in the world. (I don't care Roddick serves faster. Karlovic's serve is a wicked effect, especially his second serve.) So, it's not a bad thing to be worse than him.

Does he serve better than Querrey for exemple?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts