Mens Tennis Forums banner

?

• Yes. His short stature makes officials subconciously/consciously give him bad calls

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • no

Votes: 7 53.8%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This match against felix highlights nihsioka getting screwed over by linesman again. The explanation for this must be more insidious than simple errors on their part right? Does the atp not want a 5'7" man to succeed on tour? To see what he has to go through is sad and sickening. :sad: :mad:

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Yes, very much, without external factors such as cheating linesman, Yoshihito would be GOAT and have 20 slams. :eek:

·
Registered
19,388 Posts
Hopefully you're not referring to the point at 4-2* 40-30 which was a decision contested by Nishioka because Aliassime's BH looked clearly IN to me

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
He's rubbish get over it OP.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,626 Posts
Don't think it's discrimination by height I'm sure if Ivo played hypothetically you'd see the same thing. But there's no doubt he is disadvantaged in the first place on serve and some questionable calls will suck.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Even rubbish deserves a fair chance at glory.
There's no place for rubbish in my world. Nishioka is exactly that. Will be lucky to match the achievements of a Go Soeda or Tatsuma Ito

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
OMG he's obviously trolling the Noletards who have spammed the forum...like none of you can see that?

·
Registered
293 Posts
ATP has their agenda and the linesman have their favorites... It is not inconceivable one or the other plays a part here..
If there is an agenda it is wanting local players to do well in the lesser tournaments to get the live fans out.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OMG he's obviously trolling the Noletards who have spammed the forum...like none of you can see that?
Being treated unfairly within your profession is a whole different deal than just lack of popularity. Similarly to how Legislation against discrimination and public perception are related.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:spit: Is this a serious thread? 'Heightism' :haha:
Heightism is a socially acceptable form of discrimination in pretty much every place in the world. :shrug: But yes, this thread was made with semi-serious intentions. It is our duty as fans to question line judge bias. They dedicate their life to the sport which they are fans of. surely they must have favorites, no? Obviously heightism is a serious accusation that I'm making here, but I don't think it is without merit.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Victim of bad luck i must say. The only difference between him Zverev, Kokk, Coric and other young guns is his lack of serve and power because of his height. Talent is there on the other hand.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts