Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would say no, coz the guy looks like he could be playing many years ahead, his shots are getting a bit better every year and his serve stays the biggest weapon in tennis.

The way Goran won it, Marin won USO, is this Wimby Ivo's last chance, or could he compete for one a few years more?

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Re: Is Wimby 2015 Karlovic's last chance for a GS tittle?

Is Wimby 2015 Karlovic's last chance for a GS tittle?

He's married, man.

·
Registered
8,483 Posts

I don't know I mean, he's a better player now than he was 5-10 years ago for me, I don't believe he can win a slam in all honesty, obviously he has a chance every player does but even as an Ivo fan I'm not sure it's realistic for him to win a slam.

·
Registered
8,158 Posts

karlovic has no chance to ever win a slam.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts

The only way Karlovic is going to get a 'tittle' at Wimbledon is if he remembers to put a dot on every 'i and every 't' he comes across.

·
Registered
21,616 Posts

Rephrase it to ''Is this Karlovic's last chance to take a set off Murray?'' and it would become slightly realistic.

·
Bring it Home
20,351 Posts

Not sure if Uncle Latso's decided to join the troll brigade or if this was a serious thread. :lol:

If it was trolling, I'd give a 8/10.

It it was serious, I'd say no way he will pass Murray. Most likely he will win a set like in 2012, but that's all. :cool:

·
Registered
5,848 Posts

Well he's only 1 match from winning, anything can happen in Andy's match and then it's: Troicki :)haha:), lapdog Bendych, lapdog Djokovic. Only threat for him is Federer beating Berdych and Murray, otherwise you can give him the trophy already.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts

He is still young. I think a double digit number of GS's is an achievable task for the youngster. :yeah:

·
Registered
536 Posts

It's such a shame he has never won a slam in his career, he defiantly has the game that could of made a 5 time grand slam winner at least and he could of won even more than that.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts

Karlovic the overwhelming favourite, the only thing that can defeat him are the bribed linejudges against Murray.

·
Super Moderator
62,010 Posts

Well he's only 1 match from winning, anything can happen in Andy's match and then it's: Troicki :)haha:), lapdog Bendych, lapdog Djokovic. Only threat for him is Federer beating Berdych and Murray, otherwise you can give him the trophy already.
I kind of feel he won't win if Murray beats Federer either....

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

When did he when did he when did he had a chance to win a slam :confused:

·
Administrator
6,158 Posts

Best chance for a slam will be to wait and hope most of the top players retire and leave generation useless in charge. He could probably peak in his mid fifties and serve his way to victory against the aging remnants of the current "youngsters", once Federer et al. have finally retired.

·
Registered
6,882 Posts

karlovic never had a chance to begin with

·
Registered
15,787 Posts

"Servebots" don't win Slams.
Pete Sampras won 14 actually.

Reactions: Jam

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Not sure if Uncle Latso's decided to join the troll brigade or if this was a serious thread. :lol:

If it was trolling, I'd give a 8/10.

It it was serious, I'd say no way he will pass Murray. Most likely he will win a set like in 2012, but that's all. :cool:
i'm flattered :D

It's a long shot on being the new prodigy, but with the form he has on serve and the guts in TBs, he seem to be in a good place right now.

And the pension fund is doubling every next match, he must be over the moon. And when he's over the moon (let's be honest, he already did minimum of 1 round further than even him hoped), his serve stays sick throughout the whole match, which can be dangerous even for the best ones.

We don't have a real peak big 4, far from that, so it will be ineteresting. Muzza's been somewhat of a fave on paper for this tittle, together with Nole, but both based on nothing much, but the inadequacy of the rest, to be fully honest.

Ivo has nothing to lose right now and he's never served as big against Murray as he could now, repeating his previous performances. Will be tough in the TBs, but you never know.

I can see both Ivo and Kyrgios with distant shots. Distant-distant, but shots nonetheless. Especially that now Grigor is out :sad:

·
Registered
428 Posts

i'm flattered :D

Ivo has nothing to lose right now and he's never served as big against Murray as he could now, repeating his previous performances. Will be tough in the TBs, but you never know.
The power and precision required to serve Murray off the court makes it almost impossible for Ivo to have the serve percentages/aces needed. He wont be at 75%, 40+ aces like today thats for sure

1 - 20 of 29 Posts