Mens Tennis Forums banner

Is Wimbledon 2014 the most unpredictable slam after RG 2004?

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
One of the Big 4 is going to win this.

Really unpredictable..

·
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
11,399 Posts
Not really. I think the final will be Djokovic - Murray if they end up in separate halves.

If they end up in the same half then one of them will be one of the finalists and will win the title.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I mean yes we know one of the Big 4 will win this (95% likelihood probably), but which one?

Which tournament since RG 04 (or maybe RG 05) has had such little consensus about the pre-tournament favourite? I might agree with the OP.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Yes, with an injured Rafito it is unclear who will step up to take the title.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
It's an extremely draw-dependent tournament, that's for sure. It will probably just come down to which of the Big 4 lands the most pigeons in their path :lol:.

·
Registered
9,394 Posts
Obviously in hindsight it's a little different but I'm pretty sure most people thought Coria would win easily back then.

Compared to now where nobody really stands out, anyway.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Relatively speaking, it is..Even if you concede that W'14 will be a BIG 4 affair, we still have no clue who will end up winning it.

Djokovic: defacto favourite (R1-SF), but in egg-laying Slam Final mode lately :lol:
Murray: best grass courter since 2012 but still have question marks over his back and is upsetable by dangerous floater (Verdasco, Kohli..etc)
Federer: Father time means his inconsistency, especially off the ground and on important points, can doom him in BO5 format
Nadal: R1-R3 fodder by the looks of it, but becomes very dangerous if he makes it past QF..

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I don't think so. It's grass, it takes the most tennis capabilities, variety and talent. The better player will usually win. And I have the best winning percentage on tennis betting at Wimbledon, so there's that.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
How is this tournament more open than last year Wimbledon or HC slams in last years? last year was the same Roger, Nole, Andy and people gave some chances to Rafa - this year they don´t believe so much in Rafa so we have 3 favorites instead of 4 how is this more open than last year Wimbledon? and USO -AO - you have big 4 + Berdych or Delpo or Wawrinka - in last 3 HC slams

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
No. There are 2 players that have reached at least the SF or better at wimbledon since 2010. Of those 2 players, Murray, is still not 100% recovered from his back surgery to the point where he can win a slam or anything for that matter looking how he has not won a title in a year... Djokovic is the answer you are looking for...

Not really. I think the final will be Djokovic - Murray if they end up in separate halves.

If they end up in the same half then one of them will be one of the finalists and will win the title.
I concur.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts