Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He seems to be the most manly going by attitude, he is confindent, behaves like a man and gives no sh*t about others.

agreed?

The rest seem either attention seekers, shy guys or fake confident/humble people.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am shocked and appalled at the existance of such thread. I am just going to say this without further explaining - you could not be more wrong. There.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Well it depends what you consider manly. He seems like a good guy, though him briefly abandoning his wife and child to focus on tennis loses him man points for me, though thankfully he saw sense.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it depends what you consider manly. He seems like a good guy, though him briefly abandoning his wife and child to focus on tennis loses him man points for me, though thankfully he saw sense.
I get it, but then you have the opposite, guys like Blake abandoning tennis for something they have endless time to do after they retire. WHy the hell some players decide to leave tennis early, when tennis career end up maximum to 32/33 years?.. most of times not even that.. (unless you are some sort of agassi/haas and the likes). You still have like 45-50 years left in life (sometimes even more) to do whatever you want, but tennis at high level can be played only for limited amount of years.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
I get it, but then you have the opposite, guys like Blake abandoning tennis for something they have endless time to do after they retire. WHy the hell some players decide to leave tennis early, when tennis career end up maximum to 32/33 years?.. most of times not even that.. (unless you are some sort of agassi/haas and the likes). You still have like 45-50 years left in life (sometimes even more) to do whatever you want, but tennis at high level can be played only for limited amount of years.
I'm still upset Borg retired so young because I think he had many years of high level tennis left, but that is his choice.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm still upset Borg retired so young because I think he had many years of high level tennis left, but that is his choice.
and skipping ao.

He had the highest winnin % and most titles by the time he retired (which was 26) including 11 slams, and he was skipping AO every year. I know some people tend to dislike the "what IF" but I firmly believe if Borg would have included AO on his schedule every year, and played until, say 32/33 years of age instead of 26, he would have eclipsed any kind of record on tennis, perharps not streaks, but everything including slam titles, weeks at N1, # of tournaments, years end #1, overall winning %, etc.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
and skipping ao.

He had the highest winnin % and most titles by the time he retired (which was 26) including 11 slams, and he was skipping AO every year. I know some people tend to dislike the "what IF" but I firmly believe if Borg would have included AO on his schedule every year, and played until, say 32/33 years of age instead of 26, he would have eclipsed any kind of record on tennis, perharps not streaks, but everything including slam titles, weeks at N1, # of tournaments, years end #1, overall winning %, etc.
It's all hypothetical but I do believe he had a good chance to win a lot more slams, but we won't ever find out. It's a damn shame, he was a beast!

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
manly? :lol:

wtf is this shit?

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's all hypothetical but I do believe he had a good chance to win a lot more slams, but we won't ever find out. It's a damn shame, he was a beast!
I mean he played GS until he was just 25. And he was only playing 3 slams a year, yet he won 11!!

Fed the season he turned 25 he had 9 slams won (end of 2006 season), Rafa at the same time had 10 slams, and sampras only 8. All those men competed for 4 slams every year.

You arent even considering AO was played on grass in those years and Borg won already 5 wimbledon and played 6 finals by the age season he turned 25 yo (1981).

I dont like making assumptions but for me its 99% nid that he would have won much more slams and setted the bar too high that nobody would ever came close yet.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Wawa strikes me as being a shy, humble person and seems to give many a shiz about others. It depends on your definition of manly, but according to the popular idiot's guide to being alpha, being the ultimate manly man goes hand in hand with being the ultimate douchebag. Dunno if that's a good or bad thing, depends who you ask, but that ain't the Wawa we see on court or in interviews at least.

Source: idiot's guide to posting in random threads

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wawa strikes me as being a shy, humble person and seems to give many a shiz about others. It depends on your definition of manly, but according to the popular idiot's guide to being alpha, being the ultimate manly man goes hand in hand with being the ultimate douchebag. Dunno if that's a good or bad thing, depends who you ask, but that ain't the Wawa we see on court or in interviews at least.

If that would be true then Roddick would be the ultimate man? But no, he was the ultimate kid, such an immature and disgusting person.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Not sure what you mean about Blake. He was going on 33 when he retired and was far from the player he was at his peak. The tour had very little left to offer him (and he it) by the time he hung up his racquets.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts

Yeah he seems like a cool guy. A lot of people seem to equate manly with being a douchebag and treated women like dirt but that certainly isn't the true definition of manly. You can be manly and be a nice guy, but some people seem to confuse the meaning. The same way a vocal minority of feminists are actually just women who hate men and exonerate women for any bad thing they have done. True feminists are not like this, and true manly guys are not assholes :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
How does this make a person "less manly"? :confused:

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah he seems like a cool guy. A lot of people seem to equate manly with being a douchebag and treated women like dirt but that certainly isn't the true definition of manly. You can be manly and be a nice guy, but some people seem to confuse the meaning. The same way a vocal minority of feminists are actually just women who hate men and exonerate women for any bad thing they have done. True feminists are not like this, and true manly guys are not assholes :)
true manly guys arent assholes, because 99% of assholes and people who act like scumbag are just compensating, and/or have to prove something to the rest of people, because they are damn insecure in the deep of themselves. Real manly guys are just confident and dont have to behave in particular way to prove people something or to get acceptance, they are just themselves, which highly unlikely will be to behave like an asshole.

And dont get me started on feminists, I could make this whole forum blow away with feminist threads if the inspiration came to my veins.. That is the current feminists who dont do anything but hate on men and are entitled to believe they deserve a prince who is comprehensive, undestand them and provides them everything just for the reason of them owning a vagina.

·
10,276 Posts
1 Nadal, Rafael (ESP)
2 Djokovic, Novak (SRB)
3 Wawrinka, Stan (SUI)
4 Federer, Roger (SUI)
5 Ferrer, David (ESP)
6 Berdych, Tomas (CZE)
7 Del Potro, Juan Martin (ARG)
8 Murray, Andy (GBR)
9 Raonic, Milos (CAN)
10 Nishikori, Kei (JPN)

"Top 10 Manly Rankings"
Quote in Quote.

[This list takes into account: maturity, physical appearance, speech patterns, chin and neck features, Father (It talks a man to have a child)

1. Del Potro.

- He comes in at number 1 because he is incredibly mature, professional, and his physical figure is incredibly manly. His neck is top notch and he has the hair to boot. Mostly gets top spot because of his figure, guy is a monster.

2. Roger Federer

-Its tempting to call him a "Swiss Diva", but Federer is manly in a "smart" kind of way. He is the only player in the top 10 who I could see making business deals, selling a company and most importantly being a father.Being a Father and having smarts is different kind of manly, but I would still consider it important in the man equation.

3. David Ferrer

-Serious about everything. And has the most alpha, manly chin-line ever seen in a man. I could see Ferrer selling some sort of Spanish company and being a great father as well. If Ferrer was 6'4 he would easily be the most manly out of top 10.

4/5 Novak/Stan. Stan/Novak

-The testosterone given off by these two when they play...is outta this world. While Novak is not necessarily the most manly looking, his post 2011 confidence and maturity exude manliness. He has become manly by being a father too.

-Stan has the whole Acne thing, but beyond that he is a Big Bull who could give less of a shit of what people think and say. Honesty is manly. Plus his tennis is manly. He hits hard and goes for his shots. People bring up the whole kid and wife thing, but he has honestly changed for the better and manlier.

6. Tomas Berdych

-His build and body protrude manliness, but his attitude and some of his twitter post would make any man want to cringe. Still manly enough.

7 and below are the "less manly"

7. Andy Murray

-The way he carries himself on court is the opposite of manly, its bratty. His mother also plays a big part in his life and he can be caught playing PS3 sometimes (I'll admit video games are not manly). On the flip side. Murray is fairly professional when it comes to interviews and his body is sort of manly.

8. Rafael Nadal

-His body type is basically as manly as it gets, but his demeanor and speech is that of a 12 year old. I could not see Nadal selling a business or being a father. Plus Nadal is basically controlled by Tony and makes little decisions on his own.

9. Kei Nishikori

10. Milos Raonic

Nothing to be said for these two other than that they are the least manly.

Thesis.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 Nadal, Rafael (ESP)
2 Djokovic, Novak (SRB)
3 Wawrinka, Stan (SUI)
4 Federer, Roger (SUI)
5 Ferrer, David (ESP)
6 Berdych, Tomas (CZE)
7 Del Potro, Juan Martin (ARG)
8 Murray, Andy (GBR)
9 Raonic, Milos (CAN)
10 Nishikori, Kei (JPN)

"Top 10 Manly Rankings"
Quote in Quote.

[This list takes into account: maturity, physical appearance, speech patterns, chin and neck features, Father (It talks a man to have a child)

1. Del Potro.

- He comes in at number 1 because he is incredibly mature, professional, and his physical figure is incredibly manly. His neck is top notch and he has the hair to boot. Mostly gets top spot because of his figure, guy is a monster.

2. Roger Federer

-Its tempting to call him a "Swiss Diva", but Federer is manly in a "smart" kind of way. He is the only player in the top 10 who I could see making business deals, selling a company and most importantly being a father.Being a Father and having smarts is different kind of manly, but I would still consider it important in the man equation.

3. David Ferrer

-Serious about everything. And has the most alpha, manly chin-line ever seen in a man. I could see Ferrer selling some sort of Spanish company and being a great father as well. If Ferrer was 6'4 he would easily be the most manly out of top 10.

4/5 Novak/Stan. Stan/Novak

-The testosterone given off by these two when they play...is outta this world. While Novak is not necessarily the most manly looking, his post 2011 confidence and maturity exude manliness. He has become manly by being a father too.

-Stan has the whole Acne thing, but beyond that he is a Big Bull who could give less of a shit of what people think and say. Honesty is manly. Plus his tennis is manly. He hits hard and goes for his shots. People bring up the whole kid and wife thing, but he has honestly changed for the better and manlier.

6. Tomas Berdych

-His build and body protrude manliness, but his attitude and some of his twitter post would make any man want to cringe. Still manly enough.

7 and below are the "less manly"

7. Andy Murray

-The way he carries himself on court is the opposite of manly, its bratty. His mother also plays a big part in his life and he can be caught playing PS3 sometimes (I'll admit video games are not manly). On the flip side. Murray is fairly professional when it comes to interviews and his body is sort of manly.

8. Rafael Nadal

-His body type is basically as manly as it gets, but his demeanor and speech is that of a 12 year old. I could not see Nadal selling a business or being a father. Plus Nadal is basically controlled by Tony and makes little decisions on his own.

9. Kei Nishikori

10. Milos Raonic

Nothing to be said for these two other than that they are the least manly.

Thesis.
Delpo #1? His attitude is just what you expect for someone of his age, he doesnt come out as being overly confident and opinionated, he is rather calm and modest.

·
10,276 Posts
Delpo #1? His attitude is just what you expect for someone of his age, he doesnt come out as being overly confident and opinionated, he is rather calm and modest.
He can be a manly beast when need be and like I said he is #1 basically because of his figure and body

Guy is a monster

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
He can be a manly beast when need be and like I said he is #1 basically because of his figure and body

Guy is a monster
he could lift rochus with one hand,, no? :devil::worship:

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
It takes a real man to abandon his wife and child.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts