Mens Tennis Forums banner

Is USO'11 the worst slam ever in history ????

• no , there have been worse

Votes: 50 51.0%
  • yes , and by a mile

Votes: 48 49.0%
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
come to think of it the USTA (and the cbs together ) have really messed up the schedule this time and they have officially announced that they are still confident of a saturday womens final and sunday mens final even after 2 days completely washed out .

Moreover , it is also official that both sides men and women have to play back2back2back2back

i have not ever seen something this disgraceful ever in GS history

would u consider this the worst slam ever ???? or do you have some other slam in mind ????

in terms of scheduling, draws rigging controversies and player retirements(record)....

everything has been going wrong ...i feel it's the worst

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
US Open 2010

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
i dont think it is the worst grand slam ever, it's only within the last couple of days that the schedule has fallen apart

·
Registered
577 Posts
This kind of schedule is how injuries happen. Asking players to take such a risk is really putting the almighty dollar before player safety and the players should collectively refuse. Bet these tourney officials will find a way to get a cover on one of the smaller courts in coming years to avoid another debacle like this.

·
Banned
244 Posts
Any slam that Murray was a finalist in.

Reactions: Langers

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
RG 2009 was as bad as this but yeah the USO is pretty dull and organizers are really dumb with the schedule EVERY YEAR.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Its my favorite time of the year being american. But yea.. Its a complete joke.. America needs to get up to speed with the rest of the tennis world and get a damn roof on one of the stadiums at least.. How archaic can these idiots be? I mean its the richest country in the damn world. Yea the economy sucks, but it sucks just about everywhere except China.

At this rate the USO isnt going to end until october.. All because the jackoffs just can't get a roof on at least Armstrong

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Nah US Open 2012 is much worse. Crud, I've said too much.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
If A.Ashe is too big for a roof then build a roof to cover L.Armstrong and Grandstand!!! Oh boy are all organizers so brainless?

·
Banned
556 Posts
How they built Ashe without a roof has to be the biggest bonehead move in the history of tennis.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
2003 US Open had alot of issues, I don't remember exactly but JCF and Agassi playing each other in the sf on fumes, and then Ferrero had to stagger into the final against Roddick.

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
US Open 2012 is much worse.
Personally, I found Fat Dave winning a slam hilarious.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i BELIEVE USO 2003 AND 10 were hopeless too, but this has surpassed my expectations in every department like

retirement record,

draw rigging ,

no roof ,

hopeless scheduling, etc.

well, everything seems to have fallen in place well together for this tournament

awesome

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
i BELIEVE USO 2003 AND 10 were hopeless too, but this has surpassed my expectations in every department like retirement record, draw rigging ,no roof ,hopeless scheduling

well, everything seems to have fallen in place together well for this tournament

I don't think I can add more to this fine post :clap2:

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
USO is turning into a clown slam just like AO :eek:

Only 2 respectable slams these days are RG and Wimby.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
yes the worst

5 days cancel....

is it the worst

worst tennis so far

Look at how bad those Top guys like Djoker, Nadal or Federer, or Murray

Tennis is getting worse

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I agree with the operator.

This is indeed ludicrous.

Some players are going to have no rest while others will have too many, thanks to this BS schedule.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts