Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Tsonga wasn't playing like trash and was in his usual form, would he win Wimbledon this year? Or be a favorite?

I don't see why not.

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
If he was in his best form while everyone else was in their current form then he would have a very good chance. However, Tsonga is probably in the worst form of them all.

·
Super Moderator
8,396 Posts
If Tsonga wasn't playing like trash and was in his usual form, would he win Wimbledon this year? Or be a favorite?

I don't see why not.
Well, everyone can lose against Slam winner Marinko. Does he play next week a tournament?

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
No, because NORMALly he's wack.

No backhand is a significant disadvantage, he will never play as well as he did against Federer all those years back.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
If he was at his best, then hell yeah! But he is playing poorly at the moment, so I don't think he stands a chance unless he improves significantly.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you mean 2011 form, then he could be a serious contender.
Yes, his general solid form. Not 2008 AO or anything. I mean obviously he is garbage right now but just looking at Tsonga from a few years ago and looking at the field today, I just wish he wasn't having a bad year.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Since we're witnessing the days of Mugdal and Chokevic, he'll probably win the CYGS with his AO 2008 form. Sadly for him, he declined badly too. :shrug:

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
2011 Wimbledon Tsonga vs current field would be No.1 favorit at Wimbledon no matter the draw, but we have now Olderer, Nole and 2014 Murray - Nadal is not even important to mention here, Tsonga in 2014 form is also joke, Berdych ends up as being biggest favorit for title unless he faces Novak he could win

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
he was on his normal form some years already and never had a chance, no of course not

·
Registered
176 Posts
Since we're witnessing the days of Mugdal and Chokevic, he'll probably win the CYGS with his AO 2008 form. Sadly for him, he declined badly too. :shrug:
Just watched Tsonga Nadal highlights and damn he was hitting GOAT volleys... Would be perfect on grass, hed probably win Wimbledon without dropping a set. Shame though that his peak seemed to last like 1 slam, maybe if he won the final things would be different but as it stands we can only think "what if"

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
My prediction at the beginning of the season was that Tsonga will win Wimbledon this year

I am ashamed of myself

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
27,190 Posts
This is his normal form now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts