Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a really fluffy schedule, pretty boring match-ups. Usually there's so much intrigue on Wimbledon's middle Monday but 2015's schedule doesn't leave us feeling like too much is at stake or will be making significant waves in the men's draw.

I mean the CC men's matches are Karlovic/Murray and Federer/Bautista Agut :spit:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Re: Besides Serena/Venus, is tomorrow the worst Manic Monday line-up we've had?

Karlovic Murray should be good

Bodo of ESPN is also predicting Anderson upsetting Djokovic lol

·
Registered
2,977 Posts

Karlovic can bot his way to a set or two. I'm not sure what intrigue you see in 2 frail grannies going at it in a nid matchup.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts

Yeah it's pretty bad.

As competitive as Murray - Karlovic could be, obviously the actual 'tennis' will be dire. Djokovic - Anderson, Fed - RBA and Wawrinka - Goffin will all be utter routs. Gasquet - Kyrgios and Berdych - Simon are on paper the most interesting matches, but they both have high potential to be damp squibs if someone turns up in lousy form.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yeah it's pretty bad.

As competitive as Murray - Karlovic could be, obviously the actual 'tennis' will be dire. Djokovic - Anderson, Fed - RBA and Wawrinka - Goffin will all be utter routs. Gasquet - Kyrgios and Berdych - Simon are on paper the most interesting matches, but they both have high potential to be damp squibs if someone turns up in lousy form.
This. And even on a good day, Berdych/Simon is total zzz.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts

Kyrgios vs Gasquet will be good

·
Registered
1,888 Posts

Yes, Kyrgios v. Gasquet is the most interesting match.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

there are some good matches but yeah... Wimbledon is a terrible tournament in general. I liked FO better ...

·
Registered
2,433 Posts

Yes, I think it unfortunately has potentially to be really boring. I wanted to request either tomorrow or semifinal Friday off from work, and I ended up choosing tomorrow. I figured that the semifinals could be duds, but at least I'd have a good variety of matches to watch tomorrow. But now that I'm looking at the schedule, I'm regretting that decision.

Karlovic Murray should be good

Bodo of ESPN is also predicting Anderson upsetting Djokovic lol
:lol: Even if Anderson gets ahead in the match, all Djokovic needs to do is give Anderson a few sitters, and he can be assured that Anderson will choke his lead away.

·
29,645 Posts

Kyrgios-Gasquet is the exciting one. Had either Ward or Brown won on Saturday their match might have had some spice to it but alas no. The rest of the matches seem quite NID although Karlovic might snatch a set.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts

The WTA matches are awesome. Vika-Bencic. Caro-Muguruza. Serena-Venus. Aga-JJ. Timea-Niculescu. Coco-Lucie. Only Maria-Zarina and Madison-Olga aren't super-catchy matchups at first glance, and even in those there are definite appealing elements. Add in the fact that because women's QFs are on Tuesday, all the WTA matches are first & second up? It's going to be SO MUCH AWESOME all at once. Damn.

On the ATP side, yeahhhh, there are some clunkers. Kyrgios-Gasquet could be great, though. And perhaps Pospisil-Troicki? Plus Stan-Goffin could be an upset alert, you never know what Stan will show up until the day of. ;)

And there are also tons of dubs & mixed dubs. Thanasi/Lleyton dubs, for instance, and Kyrgios/Keys mixed dubs.

I'm not going to suffer for things to watch tomorrow. :lol:

·
Registered
12,644 Posts

Kyrgios vs Gasquet will be good
Yeah, I agree. I'll try to watch it ... my upper management kinda figured out that I always take holidays or phone sick around majors ... I guess I'm that predictable :angel:. I get away with it :lol:.

Serena/Venus (OK, I know there is that other board, but mods please and thank you) should be a blast. Cheering for Venus this time.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts

No one seems to be mentioning Pops-Troicki? It has drama written all over it.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts

The WTA matches are awesome. Vika-Bencic. Caro-Muguruza. Serena-Venus. Aga-JJ. Timea-Niculescu. Coco-Lucie. Only Maria-Zarina and Madison-Olga aren't super-catchy matchups at first glance, and even in those there are definite appealing elements. Add in the fact that because women's QFs are on Tuesday, all the WTA matches are first & second up? It's going to be SO MUCH AWESOME all at once. Damn.

On the ATP side, yeahhhh, there are some clunkers. Kyrgios-Gasquet could be great, though. And perhaps Pospisil-Troicki? Plus Stan-Goffin could be an upset alert, you never know what Stan will show up until the day of. ;)

And there are also tons of dubs & mixed dubs. Thanasi/Lleyton dubs, for instance, and Kyrgios/Keys mixed dubs.

I'm not going to suffer for things to watch tomorrow. :lol:
Yeah, WTA is going to be a field day. :hearts: A rare occurrence for me, at least for the second week when there are both WTA and ATP, when the day for me will be predominantly women's tennis. I usually only do that the first week, then second week it's mostly ATP, (except for the days when they aren't on the same day.)

·
Registered
8,524 Posts

No one seems to be mentioning Pops-Troicki? It has drama written all over it.
Based on recent grass form I'd say Troicki wins in at worst 4 sets.

·
Registered
26,826 Posts

:haha: at the Williamses match. It'll be a show with NID result-- Serena in 3 tough sets.

I like the matches with Kyrgios vs Gasquet being the most interesting, hope Richie will show up :tape:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts

Karlovic can bot his way to a set or two. I'm not sure what intrigue you see in 2 frail grannies going at it in a nid matchup.
Oh no you di'int :lol:.

Really though, that's silly as I see nobody complaining that Roger at 33 is #2. And Stan at 30 just won a major. All the top guys are in their late 20s or older apart from just a couple :p. Tennis pro's are aging better than before.

Even that Karlovic person you just mentioned.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I think it's a decent lineup. The duds are Novak-Anderson (nid), Fed-RBA (nid), Troicki-Pospisil (who cares), and Cilic-Kudla (nid).

Simon-Berdych, Gasquet-Kyrgios, Stan-Goffin, and Murray-Karlovic are interesting matches.

I don't know what you guys are expecting. It's the 4th round.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts