Mens Tennis Forums banner

Last, best chance

• Yes

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 39.3%

Is this Wimbledon Federer's last, best chance?

3K views 47 replies 30 participants last post by  Sharkpova 
#1 ·
I know we have this discussion almost every year, and Federer continues to play some amazing tennis at his age. However, some day in the near future it really will start nearing the end. I really think this Wimbledon could be his swan song chance:

AO - Very little chance. No way can he beat Novak there over 5 sets. A big underdog against Murray and Wawrinka as well, and dare I say it Nadal if he ever regains any semblance of form.

FO- :haha: :haha: :haha:

WB - Will be that much harder to win next year and the year after as he continues to age.

USO- Second best chance, but still slim. Behind Nadal currently with the bookmakers :haha: :haha: :haha: Too many dangerous players, and although he has chances against all of them, he'll still a big underdog against DJokovic and Murray, not to mention other players like Wawrinka and Cilic :eek:

#2 · (Edited)
No... Federer's last, best chance, was last year's.

He was playing superb tennis and Novak was ready to choke that final away. He almost did.

I don't see Roger making the final again. I saw him against Kohlschreiber in Halle...

Then again... That's why we watch sport...

#3 · (Edited)
Nope. Dull has no business winning any event above 250 level from now on, and Fed won't make the same mistake he made in WC final last year if he would play Djokovic again in future WC. Besides, next year Djokovic will follow up Dull's 2015 trajectory. And given the weakest 90s generation that Djokovic has been enjoying, Fed will have a shot for Wimbledon title every time he plays.

#22 · (Edited)
Change the RECORD IDIOT. Rafa is the second greatest player of ALLTIME PERIOD. Should he even approach 2010 form ever again. Everyone is toast. He owns Federer 23/10 live with IT.

As for Federers chances. He won't be getting a loser like Raonic in the semi this year. 38 year old Federer would beat a clumsy Raonic. No!!! This is the year Murray takes revenge on Federer. 2012 Olympic final style.

Djokovic can win this Wimbledon if he has put the FO behind him. I don't see anyother final except a repeat of 2013. And it's anybody's out of those two, flip a coin!!!

#20 ·
I´m not sure if Fed would have been so successful on 90-ies grass.Maybe he would have won 2 or 3 Wimbledons , but not 7.After all he lost to Henman and Ancic in Wimbledon, when almost everyone still serve and volleyed there.

When most players realized that on slower grass you can win Wimby from baseline, then Federer`s fairytale success started.

#6 ·
his last chance is the last tournament he plays but yeah, he ain't winning this wimbledon or us open, or next year's

#8 ·
Federer's last chance will be the last Slam he plays, he's always in with a chance to win.

#9 ·
No. His last best chance was Wimbledon 2012 and he took it.

He is done wining slams.

#12 ·
He had a great chance at AO this year imo, Fed was really the best player on the tour from Shanghai to AO, Berdych could have been his toughest test really on his way to the title.
No way. Djokovic at Paris and WTF was very tough to beat.

#14 ·
I will love this thread again in 2019.

Fed will still have a higher seed in WMBL then, than Nadal in RG 2015. ;)

#15 ·
Nonsense. He has got a good chance for every major till 2018. Three more years means thirteen majors including this Wimbledon.

#21 ·
No. It was last year. Everything was perfect, the draw and everything else. Unfortunately for him Djokovic decided to play his best GS match in three years in that final, after gifting a lot of matches to Nadal.

Life is a bitch you know...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.