Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,276 Posts
I would not be terribly surprised if people yelled stuff like that out at Gasquet. Apparently it happened to Nadal too. They are European, thus they must be gay. Whether or not Fish and his friends were doing it, I can't say.
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,507 Posts
delsa said:
Post by a certain blowntennis on SteveG's forum: http://www.stevegtennis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1002

Is this true? Or is it probable?
(i didn't see the match...)
It might be, but it might not be true.

Mardy does have form for arguing with French players. When he lost to Benneteau, he said to him that he was the worst player on tour and I would never lose to you again.

He and Julien Varlet had a problem as well, so he does have form with a few French players, though about this incident I wasn't there and didn't see it on TV. It wouldn't surprise me either way if it happened or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,759 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
It might be, but it might not be true.

Mardy does have form for arguing with French players. When he lost to Benneteau, he said to him that he was the worst player on tour and I would never lose to you again.

He and Julien Varlet had a problem as well, so he does have form with a few French players, though about this incident I wasn't there and didn't see it on TV. It wouldn't surprise me either way if it happened or not.
Yes, I 100% remember that Benneteau incident. I was laffing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,763 Posts
Ha, I was going to post about the same thing, I remember the bennetau incident.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,759 Posts
Watch Fish draw Benneteau next year at Roland Garros! Julien is gonna be liek eat shit Mardy.
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,507 Posts
hrbatyfan said:
Watch Fish draw Benneteau next year at Roland Garros! Julien is gonna be liek eat shit Mardy.
That would be great. I remember my brother was at the AO one year and there was almost a punch up between Scott Davis and Antonitsch, it was caused mainly by things like Fish has said to Benneteau or allegedly was saying to Gasquet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,786 Posts
What happened? The post from the steveg forum you posted has been deleted.

I don't recall Richard ever playing Mardy Fish. Of course, whatever happened, I know how I'll feel about it, since I'm a bit biased...
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,507 Posts
SwissMister1 said:
What happened? The post from the steveg forum you posted has been deleted.

I don't recall Richard ever playing Mardy Fish. Of course, whatever happened, I know how I'll feel about it, since I'm a bit biased...
Gasquet was playing Ginepri and Fish was allegedly drunk with some friends in the stands. They were making fun of Gasquet, saying stuff like kick his arse, you are not so good now when Gasquet was struggling at the end and Mardy was there getting on the heckling.

As I said before I wasn't there, but that was the basis of the post.
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,507 Posts
This is the post from Steveg's forum

http://www.stevegtennis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1002


I was at the us open on monday the 5th. i had grounds passes for the day and great seats just above the boxes for the night match featuring ginepri and gasquet. I love the usa. But more that that I love young, talented players that give there all on the court. What i witnessed monday evening was disturbing.

First off, I noticed that mardy fish was in the box directly below my seat. I knew it was him because i follow tennis(especially the americans) religiously. During one of the change overs, I noticed there was a dull point in the running argument he had been having all night with his girlfriend. So me and my girlfriend leaned over the ledge and yelled his name. He immediately turned and looked our way. He looked drunk, and after we asked for his autograph he turned to one of his buddies(they were all drinking big beers all night)and said something to him that i could not hear. At that point his buddy(i think it might have been his brother if he has one) turned to us and said that even though the man looked exactly like mardy fish, he was not the man. I was polite and apologized even though i knew better.

Later in the evening, around the 4th set, some of you might have heard them screaming if you were watching. Mardy was quieter that the rest but the rest made up for him. They were screaming and swearing and calling richard gasquet names. Calling him a fag, litterally screaming it in the middle of a point. Some of the fans closer to the action turned around several times to tell them to shut up. The surprising thing was that security did nothing. I have been to lots of live tennis matches, including twice to the us open, and i have seen people removed for much less.

Does anyone know mardy or his friends and family? If so, does this sound like regular behavior? If this really is the way he treats non american tennis players, then i am going to write a letter to the atp because it was far beyond un sportsman like conduct. It was down right disgusting and even more it was embeassing.

I am all about being patriotic, and screaming out "USA.. USA.." But not screaming "Kick his f#cking @ss Mardy" or "Gasquet, What happened?" in a girls voice while he is in the middle of serving. Or "Gasquet is a fagot" They are just unacceptable cheers. Especially from tour pros!!

Was anybody else there? Did you guys hear it on tv?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,650 Posts
:drink: :retard: :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Who cares ........
Fish is just a fat loser and needs to work out a bit, last time I saw him he was looking like " THE DUDE " from BIG LEBOWSKI movie ............
If he was drunk and screaming these kind of shit he´s in deep trouble. Maybe he was jealous because at some stages of that match and just before Gasquet ran out of gas he was playing unbelievable tennis , hitting winners from everywhere.
Mardy wouldn´t play like this even with the Playstation even though it looks like it´s the only sport he´s practising right now according to his current weight....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,786 Posts
I didn't see the fourth set - wasn't shown on American TV because of USA Network cutting it off.

Wouldn't surprise me, though...Fish knows he will never see the fourth round of a slam unless he buys a ticket, and I'm sure is a little bitter about it. As for Ginepri, Dre will administer proper justice to him in the next round.
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,507 Posts
G_Hughes said:
Who cares ........
Fish is just a fat loser and needs to work out a bit, last time I saw him he was looking like " THE DUDE " from BIG LEBOWSKI movie ............
If he was drunk and screaming these kind of shit he´s in deep trouble. Maybe he was jealous because at some stages of that match and just before Gasquet ran out of gas he was playing unbelievable tennis , hitting winners from everywhere.
Mardy wouldn´t play like this even with the Playstation even though it looks like it´s the only sport he´s practising right now according to his current weight....
I mean it's a French poster that started the thread and Mardy has form for this, but I wish there was a bit more needle it makes it interesting.

Btw, did you get my info about Slovakia?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,073 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
This is the post from Steveg's forum

http://www.stevegtennis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1002


I was at the us open on monday the 5th. i had grounds passes for the day and great seats just above the boxes for the night match featuring ginepri and gasquet. I love the usa. But more that that I love young, talented players that give there all on the court. What i witnessed monday evening was disturbing.

First off, I noticed that mardy fish was in the box directly below my seat. I knew it was him because i follow tennis(especially the americans) religiously. During one of the change overs, I noticed there was a dull point in the running argument he had been having all night with his girlfriend. So me and my girlfriend leaned over the ledge and yelled his name. He immediately turned and looked our way. He looked drunk, and after we asked for his autograph he turned to one of his buddies(they were all drinking big beers all night)and said something to him that i could not hear. At that point his buddy(i think it might have been his brother if he has one) turned to us and said that even though the man looked exactly like mardy fish, he was not the man. I was polite and apologized even though i knew better.

Later in the evening, around the 4th set, some of you might have heard them screaming if you were watching. Mardy was quieter that the rest but the rest made up for him. They were screaming and swearing and calling richard gasquet names. Calling him a fag, litterally screaming it in the middle of a point. Some of the fans closer to the action turned around several times to tell them to shut up. The surprising thing was that security did nothing. I have been to lots of live tennis matches, including twice to the us open, and i have seen people removed for much less.

Does anyone know mardy or his friends and family? If so, does this sound like regular behavior? If this really is the way he treats non american tennis players, then i am going to write a letter to the atp because it was far beyond un sportsman like conduct. It was down right disgusting and even more it was embeassing.

I am all about being patriotic, and screaming out "USA.. USA.." But not screaming "Kick his f#cking @ss Mardy" or "Gasquet, What happened?" in a girls voice while he is in the middle of serving. Or "Gasquet is a fagot" They are just unacceptable cheers. Especially from tour pros!!

Was anybody else there? Did you guys hear it on tv?
If this has trully happened that way, I start regretting that Gasquet has improved his English so much! Sometimes it's much better to ignore than to know... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
I mean it's a French poster that started the thread and Mardy has form for this, but I wish there was a bit more needle it makes it interesting.

Btw, did you get my info about Slovakia?

Yes man I received it. Thank you very much for all even though I don´t think I´ll be going . Too expensive and I honestly think that Argentina will get through and therefore I´ll have to travel to either Russia or Croatia in December
Anyway it was really useful info and I reallay appreciated it !!!!
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,507 Posts
G_Hughes said:
Yes man I received it. Thank you very much for all even though I don´t think I´ll be going . Too expensive and I honestly think that Argentina will get through and therefore I´ll have to travel to either Russia or Croatia in December
Anyway it was really useful info and I reallay appreciated it !!!!
I'll let you know about Croatia or Russia if that happens, at the same time, your comments about the Play Station are very apt.

We have a joke among my tennis friends a program called "Fiskar med Mardy Fish." It means fishing with Mardy Fish, he has more chance of catching fish than major titles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
I'll let you know about Croatia or Russia if that happens, at the same time, your comments about the Play Station are very apt.

We have a joke among my tennis friends a program called "Fiskar med Mardy Fish." It means fishing with Mardy Fish, he has more chance of catching fish than major titles.
" THE DUDE " will never win anything , that´s a fact.
He volleys are great though but from the baseline he´s as reliable as Ferrero volleying ..........
Anyway this US is really the "underdogs paradise " . Ginepri used to be such a chicken brain like Verdasco , Horna or Calleri and all of a sudden he found a brain . Full credit for him for that achievement!!! . Now he plays almost like a claycourter and even though he´s been really like this tournament winning his last three in the fifth set that´s some mental strength !!
Bravo Robby , and now you could teach your buddy Mardy who to get in good shape . " THE DUDE " needs some diet urgently !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GeorgeWHitler said:
I mean it's a French poster that started the thread and Mardy has form for this, but I wish there was a bit more needle it makes it interesting.

Btw, did you get my info about Slovakia?
You know this blowntennis? :confused: He seemed to be from the US seing what he said in the post... :scratch:
Thank you for answering. ;) If he was drunk which i didn't understood with my poor English reading the post that's ok...And who cares about what he thinks anyway...
Choupi: I think Richard's English is still not up to understanding what Fish said... :eek: And moreover i think he had better to concentrate on during his match so i think he didn't even heard him if it is true... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,300 Posts
G_Hughes said:
Who cares ........
Fish is just a fat loser and needs to work out a bit, last time I saw him he was looking like " THE DUDE " from BIG LEBOWSKI movie ............
If he was drunk and screaming these kind of shit he´s in deep trouble. Maybe he was jealous because at some stages of that match and just before Gasquet ran out of gas he was playing unbelievable tennis , hitting winners from everywhere.
Mardy wouldn´t play like this even with the Playstation even though it looks like it´s the only sport he´s practising right now according to his current weight....
well said!
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top