Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Again more arguing regarding social distancing, and Nick said this in reply to Borna:

I mean, you can call someone wrong for their stance on Covid, but judging what they bring to the sport? That is just too personal I think.

What's amazing is people on social media saying Nick is a 'legend' for this. I guess it shows how far standards in society has fallen, when a guy who hasn't made a grand slam QF in 5 years can lash out in a personal way at anyone who criticizes, and it being seen as 'cool'.

Call me old school, but I believe in letting your actions/work doing the talking.

Here is a link to the full exchange.

·
Your visions will happen
47,430 Posts
Just showing his own insecurities once again. So reactive

Get it together Nick

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Difference is Ali usually backed up what he boasted in the ring.
Exactly.

Usually people with great genetics (Nadal, Serena) take complete advantage of it and match it with their work ethic and mental toughness.

Nick is similar to those athletes but he has gone in the opposite direction.

That is why he is lashing out as a bully the last couple years. He is growing in frustration.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Usually people with great genetics (Nadal, Serena) take complete advantage of it and match it with their work ethic and mental toughness.
The exact opposite is true in my experience. Most great talent is wasted.

Nick is shooting his mouth off as usual, but Coric is equally to blame for making things personal. And I can't help agreeing with Nick that Coric brings absolutely nothing to the sport from an entertainment perspective.

·
|
14,625 Posts
What makes me sick is all these pasty losers in the replies going "Get him King!"

Nick is King of what exactly? Being the biggest failure in the history of men's tennis? The single biggest waste of talent?
The King of D-Grade basketball.

·
Registered
12,622 Posts
What makes me sick is all these pasty losers in the replies going "Get him King!"

Nick is King of what exactly? Being the biggest failure in the history of men's tennis? The single biggest waste of talent?
He is the king of losers. But I would not call him king of anything actually. He is just one arrogant person.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
He may not be the best example of professional , but I am baffled how people around here think they have any competence to judge him for spilling his true thoughts.
And how does his tennis underachievements have anything to do wiht the fact that Coric is the most boring player I have ever seen and Kyrgios simply says what he thinks?
The ones who judge Kyrgios seem to be Rafatards and Noletards, strange coincidence.. 😂

·
Registered
857 Posts
He's become the Trump of the ATP tour - constantly attacking colleagues he doesn't like on twitter, while also being hypocritically silent when his own friends and followers do the very things he's criticizing. To top it off, he has a legion of zombie fans ready to tweet that he's WINNING and a LEGEND every time he calls someone a potato or a donut.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts