Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dominating every Masters he won, every tournament in bo3 he can win and is the title favorite for it. Nobody has more Masters than him outside of big4 from active players.

He's so good :worship:

Already won WTFs and as we know only good players won interesting and real WTFs like Angelrev did this year (unlike other years).

What can we see now? Will Zverev now dominate every Slam? Will he be #1? We can only hope.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
No to dominate every slam. Cmon! So far he's not even made a final, or a semi?
Not sure he can reach #1 without that.
I think if Khach can sustain his paris level, he is as good as AZ, and so are Djok and Rafa on the right days. That's if AZ can sustain his level, which remains a question.

·
Registered
956 Posts
He doesn't have the patience or the perseverance to dominate yet. He also takes too many big swings to win at Wimbledon. His ROS is still a level or two behind Novak and Roger. He has chances at all the HC slams in the future, but I'm not quite sure he's ready to win 7 BO5 matches in a fortnight, nothing has suggested he's ready to do that in the next 12 months. If he knuckles down and learns how to breeze through opening rounds then he'll be a threat.

I'm most impressed by the pace and accuracy of his serve, he was serving outrageously well yesterday. His volleying wasn't too bad either, a couple of the volleys he made were really difficult yesterday and he made them with ease.

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Only a matter of time before he wins majors. The big three will continue to decline physically in the coming years. Tsitsi, Khachanov, Coric, Chung, Medvedev etc will have a say in how much Zverev dominates. Will Zverev dominate and destroy his generation the way Federer did his hapless generation? I can't see the future so who knows. Personally, I can't see Zverev having having things his own away. His generation seems like one that will not roll over without much of a fight.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only a matter of time before he wins majors. The big three will continue to decline physically in the coming years. Tsitsi, Khachanov, Coric, Chung, Medvedev etc will have a say in how much Zverev dominates. Will Zverev dominate and destroy his generation the way Federer did his hapless generation? I can't see the future so who knows. Personally, I can't see Zverev having having things his own away. His generation seems like one that will not roll over without much of a fight.
You almost saw the light, but you didn't want to see more. Only young player who can defeat GOATrev when he's focused, centered and healthy is Khachanov, Tsitsipas may vulture a win or so but GOATrev is more talented. Coric is useless and Chung always injured. Medvedev is a cool guy, GOATrev will give him a few wins.

But GOATrev will be better than Federer, Nadal or Djokovic. He will absolute dominate his era

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Hopefully not, it would be awfully boring to have a bland player like him dominate the game. Tall and ungainly, a Djokovic 2.0 with more power.

I'd like for his peers to rise up to the challenge, especially the ones who have a more exciting game. Maybe he can be the early-succeeding Hewitt to a later-dominating Federer.

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Hopefully not, it would be awfully boring to have a bland player like him dominate the game. Tall and ungainly, a Djokovic 2.0 with more power.

I'd like for his peers to rise up to the challenge, especially the ones who have a more exciting game. Maybe he can be the early-succeeding Hewitt to a later-dominating Federer.

It's funny how many Djokovic clones are out there. Even a guy like Zverev, who you expect to play more like Del Potro plays more like Djokovic. From Chung to Coric, these guys have largely followed the Djokovic blueprint. Can they improve upon it?

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
It's funny how many Djokovic clones are out there. Even a guy like Zverev, who you expect to play more like Del Potro plays more like Djokovic. From Chung to Coric, these guys have largely followed the Djokovic blueprint. Can they improve upon it?
Most of the next gen guys have attributes uncannily similar to Djokovic.

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Maybe big3 era will be ridiculosly long.

2019 will tell us whether or not the big 3 can still keep the young ones at bay. I think grass and clay will prove difficult for the young ones. Nadal is a beast on clay, and on grass Djokovic and Federer are mighty tough to beat. The best opportunity to dislodge the big 3 will come at the OZ open and the US open.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
He is 6'6'', as Towers of Tandil & Medjugorje who have won one slam and masters each.

Although there will be no Fedalovic around in his prime, still, his 6'6'' could be a big hindrance for any kind of continuous domination even among his peers.

Murray is considerably shorter and was physically fitter for bo5 rubbers, but was still unable to simultaneously win both masters and slams in Fedalovic era i.e. once he started to win majors he has stopped winning masters.

Towerev is and will be capable of taking advantage in masters before the slams RG/USO or after the AO, but to be successful at both bo5 slams and bo3 masters it takes a lot fitter player, both physically and mentally, and then the one who is not injury prone to repeat it season after season.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Possibly, but I do wonder whether it will be sustainable regarding in-tournament endurance (see Zverev at RG this year) and inclination toward injuries.

Maybe if/when he improves on his serve? At the moment it's rather inconsistent from tournament to tournament. A consistently great serve will probably go a long way, especially since none of his peers are great returners (yet).

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
2019 will tell us whether or not the big 3 can still keep the young ones at bay. I think grass and clay will prove difficult for the young ones. Nadal is a beast on clay, and on grass Djokovic and Federer are mighty tough to beat. The best opportunity to dislodge the big 3 will come at the OZ open and the US open.
Disagree about clay
Thiem,Zverev,Schwartzman,Coric,etc. have gamestyles that are suited to clay
Grass has Kyrgios, Medvedev maybe?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts