Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think there is a strong argument, perhaps only surpassed by the disgraceful 2017 USO.

I mean, his pigeon Diego in the semis? Laughable.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ljubicic's path to SF in 2006 at Roland Garros was ridiculous. Rafa did have a cakewalk draw until SF but if he faces both Schwartzman and Novak then it's not an easy path overall, not at all.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I think there is a strong argument, perhaps only surpassed by the disgraceful 2017 USO.

Why create this topic after Thiem went out? Nadal is 6-2 6-2 6-3 6-3 6-4 6-0 6-4 6-3 6-2 6-3 5-7 6-1 6-1 against Thiem @ RG.

Nadal is 4-6 6-3 6-2 6-2 against Schwartzman and it could be worth asking what would have happened had the rain not happened during that match.

Nadal's draw got just alot tougher now that Thiem went out.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Yes, challenger level stuff..

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
It rivals USO17 but Clay is scarce w/ true contenders anyway & USO17 was missing Novak, Murray & Warwinka along w/ various other top 10-20 which wasn’t Nadal’s fault.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
The 4 first rounds were really easy, but its not like he would have lost anyway. Sinner is alright for a QF opponent, shorty is playing really well right now and well, only djokovic can make the final interesting against nadal honestly.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts

Pigeon? Diego has shown recently he doesnt bend over to anyone..only to his own little body collapsing after time... if he was 5´10 (short player but with a bit more hability to generate his own power) instead of 5´6 (if he really is that height anyways) then he would hold a little more .

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
The 4 first rounds were really easy, but its not like he would have lost anyway. Sinner is alright for a QF opponent, shorty is playing really well right now and well, only djokovic can make the final interesting against nadal honestly.
off topic question, is Dudi Sela still playing? havent heard of him from awhile.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
You know he most likely has to face Djokovic in the final, right?

Post 2014 Nadal can't win a Slam if he has to play Djokovic.

If Djokovic somehow should bomb out, I agree, though. But this is not going to happen.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
First Nadal has the toughest draw ever, now he has the easiest draw ever.
When is the MTF going to learn that draws are made to be disrupted, when is the last time you've seen all top seeds in SF?

Reactions: MalvinLuisandy

·
Registered
284 Posts
Stupidity At Its Peak

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Diego beat him in Rome the other week so not sure playing Thiem would've been the harder draw.

·
Registered
905 Posts
First time in open era someone has made it through to the semi-finals without beating a top 70 ranked player. I read this on Twitter so may not be true.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Its a cakewalk but nothing compared to any of his US open titles

1 - 20 of 42 Posts