·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: sav001

·
Registered
1,438 Posts

So then, I'm curious: why is no one in #TennisJournalism offering a "take" on Kyrgios -who was preaching to his colleagues a week ago- out at a nightclub, with no social distancing, and no mask. All the people who were happy to skewer Zverev are suddenly silent? #NotAGoodLook
Imagine thinking this is at all comparable. Zverev had been exposed to known active COVID-19 cases, not just one but multiple of them, and selfishly refused to self-isolate instead going partying.

·
|
14,625 Posts
As I already knew, Kyrgios has only one goal - get attention.
Whatever comes out of his mouth is for attention, nothing else.
There is nothing noble about his phony lecturing.
Also he's jealous and bitter because Zverev is twice the player and twice the man (not hard obviously, as Kyrgios is an oversized toddler).

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Do we have a reliable source — other than that Djokobitch twitter account (notice the crocodile)?

Reactions: guitarra

·
Registered
9 Posts
The amount of annoying ladies on tennis twitter who hate guys like Kyrgios (because they are secretly jealous he'd never give them attention) is too many to count.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Where Nick lives there's been 11 cases since the middle of April and is currently only 1 active case.
Croatia and Serbia also had a very low number of active cases when the Adria tour was held, yet activities of the players such as partying and being in close contact in a club type environment were inadvisable and widely criticized. Also Australia is currently experiencing a second wave of infections and it looks like the active case numbers are set to surpass the previous peak back in April. I've heard that lockdown policies are being discussed again, and those would be instituted in Canberra too, so low case numbers wouldn't matter. In any case, being out partying and hugging others in general isn't the best thing to do when there is an active outbreak in your country. Especially when you've been publicly calling out people for putting others at risk.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've been critical of Nick, but no it's not hypocrisy considering his area is barely affected.

My city of Melbourne, however- fucked. 450 new cases and 10 deaths overnight. We are in stage 4 lockdown.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Never thought he'd be the type to do that.

Will he go the Rodman route? Lol
Rodman was a really good player and for a while his sport did the talking...
Nick the independent thinker, anti establishment candidate, the man with no leader.... follows instagram and tik tok trends of 16 year old kids.

·
|
14,625 Posts
Rodman was a really good player and for a while his sport did the talking...
Nick the independent thinker, anti establishment candidate, the man with no leader.... follows instagram and tik tok trends of 16 year old kids.
Plus even when Rodman went crazy and kicked and headbutted people and got suspended, he still won 3 championships for the Bulls and led the league in rebounds etc.
Ironically his worst behavior was during that 3-peat.

·
Your visions will happen
47,413 Posts
I've been critical of Nick, but no it's not hypocrisy considering his area is barely affected.

My city of Melbourne, however- fucked. 450 new cases and 10 deaths overnight. We are in stage 4 lockdown.
Contrast with my entire Broward County FL, 1200 new cases in just our county plus 25 deaths yesterday and you'd think there was no lockdown.

Today I went to the tennis courts, the beach, the gym, the bar, everything

Never thought he'd be the type to do that.

Will he go the Rodman route? Lol
I for one am surprised it took him this long to get tatooed etc.

Not a fan of the black nail polish but whatever mate. Plenty of rock stars did the same and got all the play

I've read somewhere he is bisexual... I think ATP needs gender revolution, go nick!
So what if he wants to get with guys or even trans girls. We've all been through that phase. For some it may be more than just a phase. Either way, whatever makes one happy without harming others, do it

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've read somewhere he is bisexual... I think ATP needs gender revolution, go nick!
Lol what, where did you read that?

Not gonna lie, that pic in OP is kinda curious.

And he does call Murray a God..

Dude is an eccentric character, that's for sure. He is pretty old school.

Reminds me of a dude from the 80s/90s, where men were more flamboyant and less cookie cutter

·
Registered
220 Posts
Contrast with my entire Broward County FL, 1200 new cases in just our county plus 25 deaths yesterday and you'd think there was no lockdown.

Today I went to the tennis courts, the beach, the gym, the bar, everything

I for one am surprised it took him this long to get tatooed etc.

Not a fan of the black nail polish but whatever mate. Plenty of rock stars did the same and got all the play
Yes, in Melbourne (the worst hit place in Aus), it is still nothing compared to the US, that's for sure.

I hope people are wearing masks, it really helps. Many cases proving it so far.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Idk where u read that lol, I haven’t heard of him doing anything with guys, just girls so far
Stupid rumour to spread to be honest. He should clarify exactly what he meant by "I heard".

Was it just some gay guy who thinks he has a 'gaydar', or an actual event they heard of involving Kyrgios.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts