• Yes

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 37.5%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,295 Posts
He is crazy enough to play in all honesty, but if his ankle is fine I don't mind, he has plenty of points to gain in Rome and it's really the only chance to get some clay matches under his belt unless he plays the week before RG for which I'm not sure is the best idea.

Reactions: SetPointDown

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I doubt it very much, it's not just the matches it's the jetlag. He'll play Hamburg.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
He is crazy enough to play in all honesty, but if his ankle is fine I don't mind, he has plenty of points to gain in Rome and it's really the only chance to get some clay matches under his belt unless he plays the week before RG for which I'm not sure is the best idea.
I think he 'll play a couple and tank, done it before.

·
F***ing have it
17,638 Posts
Crazy? I'd say stupid. Play one, maybe two matches in Hamburg and tha's it. Look at Cincy's "disaster". Nobody remembers now. Learn, rest and don't joint the Dumb schedulers club: Ferrer, Delpo, Nishikori and 2016 Murray (i give you my hip and you give me the no. 1 🥴)

Reactions: guitarra

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Not as crazy as playing Rome, Nice, and RG for 4 weeks in a row in 2016.
Not as crazy as playing Rome, Lyon, and RG for 4 weeks in a row in 2018.

He played some weird schedules in the past and is a tough cookie. He can play Rome and will be ok for RG, considering he played one short match in Cincy prior to US Open.

·
Registered
17,839 Posts
Well, the Rome final will be played on Monday, he could play his 2nd round match until thursday. He played 18 sets so far in the US Open, and didn't have long matches so far. Rome could be a good warm up playing 3/4 matches at least

·
Registered
433 Posts
I think he should, he has a week off for RG. He hasnt played any long taxing matches in this USO. His first round was a retirement. He dropped only one set so far. He has a few days off for, Rome. He should try and see how far he goes. If he wins it, he can secure the no 2 seed for RG, thus improving hos chances of winning, by not having to face Djokovic or Nadal until the final. It also improves his chances of securing the year end ranking.

Of course this all assuming, his ankle is fine.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thiem And Zverev Have Withdrawn From Rome

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Thiem actually doing smart scheduling, I'm shocked.

Nothing can stop the Dominator now!!!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Don't forget that he will be "bye" in the first round, and so he is guaranteed to start only on Thursday his second round match.
nb The final will be on Monday 21 September, SF on Sunday, QF on Saturday, last 16 on Friday.
Different scheduling to allow SF players of the US Open to play it.
If his ankle is fine after the final, he will play, at least to practice on clay and try to win 1 or 2 matches.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
He has withdrawn and now and Bublik entered the main, which is definitely crazier.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Kinda wise,but hey,do u remember 40-15rer and Rafa in 2005++?And then master finals were 5 sets...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts