Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use "history" in that sense of the word; the one that means bad blood, a rift, just a nasty dislike.

While watching the practice courts at the Pacific Life Open. I caught a practice session with Nadal and Haas. I've seen a lot of practices and I know that some are not "friendly" buddy-buddy sessions, but this was more than that. Rafa didn't say one word to Tommy and he never even looked him in the eye. It got me wondering if there is some "history" here that I don't know about?

flea

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
strange, if they really hate each other so much, why to sit together on the same bench :confused::p

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
I use "history" in that sense of the word; the one that means bad blood, a rift, just a nasty dislike.

While watching the practice courts at the Pacific Life Open. I caught a practice session with Nadal and Haas. I've seen a lot of practices and I know that some are not "friendly" buddy-buddy sessions, but this was more than that. Rafa didn't say one word to Tommy and he never even looked him in the eye. It got me wondering if there is some "history" here that I don't know about?

flea
hi fleabitten. you know me from t4you. i am Hercules there. i dont think they would have practiced together if there was bad blood between them.

perhaps they were both tired or had things on their mind.

·
Retired Party Hostess
14,983 Posts
I'd find it hard to believe that they'd volunteer to spend any time together, off the clock, if there was a problem between them.

Tennis is their job, their work, so perhaps they treat it in a more low-key/professional manner, as opposed to how they would act during a day off.

·
Registered
27,241 Posts
Let me say this: a shirtless Tommy pushes my buttons.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
I'd find it hard to believe that they'd volunteer to spend any time together, off the clock, if there was a problem between them.

Tennis is their job, their work, so perhaps they treat it in a more low-key/professional manner, as opposed to how they would act during a day off.

what happened to your avatar?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Nadal is pretty well known for being really "intense" during practice sessions. I heard a player complain about him not speaking a word to him either, don't remember who though.

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
Probably their conversation before their practice went something like this:

Rafa: Who your faborite umpires? :D
Hasi: :rolleyes: They're all chumps. :drink: You?
Rafa: I like Christ. He pretty fare. :D
Hasi: :eek: WHO!? :mad: :armed:
Rafa: :awww: Did I saying someting wrong? He nice-
Hasi: :banghead: I kant beliëf yoü like that einekleinenachtmusikerasdasd- :shout:
Rafa: :scared: Okay, let's just hitting now. :awww:
Hasi: :mad: ... :shrug: ... :tennis:
Rafa: :unsure: ... :tape: ... :tennis:
Love the ode to Mozart there. ;) :p

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
Raga trained with Del Potro at the Aus Open in 07 and they as well did not say a word.

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Nadal is pretty well known for being really "intense" during practice sessions. I heard a player complain about him not speaking a word to him either, don't remember who though.
Tsonga? He said on his website last year that Nadal didn't speak a word to him either in training in Wimbledon, it was mentioned again a few times during the AO. He was surprised because Nadal asked him to practice together and they knew each other from their Juniors time, so he wasn't expecting that. But apparently, it's nothing unusual for Nadal in training.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Put it this way, if I weren't in any way friendly with X player, I wouldn't take time out of my busy schedule to practice with him. I'm sure the situation would be vice versa. ;)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
how did he get on that chair?

·
Registered
27,241 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Probably their conversation before their practice went something like this:

Rafa: Who your faborite umpires?
Hasi: :rolleyes: They're all chumps. :drink: You?
Rafa: I like Christ. He pretty fare. :D
Hasi: :eek: WHO!? :mad: :armed:
Rafa: :awww: Did I saying someting wrong? He nice-
Hasi: :banghead: I kant beliëf yoü like that einekleinenachtmusikerasdasd- :shout::shout::shout:
Rafa: :scared: Okay, let's just hitting now. :awww:
Hasi: :mad: ... :shrug: ... :tennis:
Rafa: :unsure: ... :tape: ... :tennis:
brilliant...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts