Mens Tennis Forums banner

would you be interested in a nono poster? (paper!)

  • YES i've loved him always and wanted him on my bedroom wall

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • NO he's not glamorous and successful enough

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MAYBE depends on the pic!

    Votes: 3 50.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i'm getting a bit lonely here these few days!

just wondering if anyone would be interested... if i'm getting this pic scanned and enlarged:

http://www.pbase.com/vtp/image/4181162

would anyone be interested to get a paper version (i.e. poster) of up to A2 (about 16x24") size?

i haven't started doing that yet but just trying to gauge the level of interest out there ;)

let me know or pm me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,068 Posts
Sorry, Via, I've been so busy these last days...no time for anything.
I didn't see all arnaud's matches, I would have loved to see the finals, no time neither, that's sad...
Well, personly I'm not interested by a paper version of this great pic, but thank you though for the proposition. :hug:

Arnaud plays in Orleans this week. Not very exciting, but he needs playing I guess, and it's at home so I can understand.
No news in l'equipe, but when I get some ones, I put them here. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,484 Posts
:) i think the shot looks great, im not d biggest clement fan, but im always on d lookout for great tennis posters, especially one of those 'action shots', don't really mind who d player is aslong as its not one that i really deslike.(ofcourse if its one of my five all time favourites would be great!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,484 Posts
im not to keen in sales over d net.(if that was d idea)
just wondering wat paper stock will it be printed on? would it be poster quality paper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i haven't quoted for paper yet... guess i'll try to get better quality paper, without going into photo paper.

i know... i just sold some photos at ebay and it was such a hassle i don't think i will ever want to do it again. not to mention... paypal sux, and you're hearing that from me!

i guess i'll only do a few posters if any arnaud fans want them... i'm afraid there isn't much of a market for arnaud out there :awww: and basically just give them for free! i swap things with other fans anyway, i know i'll get something in return ;)

how do you find posters chewy, if not over the net?? don't tell me you're happy enough with what the tennis mag gives you ;)

marine :wavey: i know you're busy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,484 Posts
Via said:
how do you find posters chewy, if not over the net?? don't tell me you're happy enough with what the tennis mag gives you ;)

marine :wavey: i know you're busy.
hahaha...im :eek:. d only one on my wall right now's from australian tennis mag :p (but was ages ago, whn i first fell in lov with anything tennis related)
honestly im not happy with it(its hewitt :rolleyes:no offence to any1, but not really my fav ) i put it up because its sentimental value(first proper poster i got...almost a2 size).
i got to say, the pic u offered is a hell lot more better. ;)

but i do hav other source to get tennis poster, just havnt d oppurtunity to go to those places at d moment. alto i doubt i would find specific posters, usually just d most popular ones(maria, federer, nadal.etc)n alto its pretty good quality n offer diff material other than paper stock, they r mostly piraded copies, not official ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,329 Posts
The picture is great Via. And it's nice of you to offer to make some posters out of it. (Gosh, had i known that tennis fans were so nice i'd have come earlier to these forums rather than cinema or music message boards ^^)

Anyways, i dunno if i'd want one. I'd feel a bit embarrassed since i don't know you much and i know i wouldn't have much to get for you in exchange.

But yeah, it's nice of you :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
chewy said:
but i do hav other source to get tennis poster, just havnt d oppurtunity to go to those places at d moment. alto i doubt i would find specific posters, usually just d most popular ones(maria, federer, nadal.etc)n alto its pretty good quality n offer diff material other than paper stock, they r mostly piraded copies, not official ones.
i think most posters offered by small operators out there, are pirated from some photographer's photos, or from some other printed material... with tennis stars, i hardly know of any official posters anyway.

but even with pirated stuff, i don't know a place where they sell tennis posters. i must be behind the times ... do you live in australia?

yeah another thing is, it isn't easy to get posters of players other than the biggest names in the sport.

if you're looking for photos thats a lot easier... i mean of course, you still have to buy on the net! but so many sites are offering photographs these days, and they are from real photographers. (not me :p )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
parissima said:
The picture is great Via. And it's nice of you to offer to make some posters out of it. (Gosh, had i known that tennis fans were so nice i'd have come earlier to these forums rather than cinema or music message boards ^^)

Anyways, i dunno if i'd want one. I'd feel a bit embarrassed since i don't know you much and i know i wouldn't have much to get for you in exchange.

But yeah, it's nice of you :)
ahhh... if you have some interest in common, you don't have to know me for a lifetime ;)

don't music or movie fans swap things, like mp3's and movie files ;) ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,484 Posts
Via said:
i think most posters offered by small operators out there, are pirated from some photographer's photos, or from some other printed material... with tennis stars, i hardly know of any official posters anyway.

but even with pirated stuff, i don't know a place where they sell tennis posters. i must be behind the times ... do you live in australia?

yeah another thing is, it isn't easy to get posters of players other than the biggest names in the sport.

if you're looking for photos thats a lot easier... i mean of course, you still have to buy on the net! but so many sites are offering photographs these days, and they are from real photographers. (not me :p )
yeah im from australia, n d place im talking abt is the markets in HongKong, n just small stationary stores. they sell all kinds of stuff, n d piraded posters i think is made in china then sold in hk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmmm small stationery stores? i grew up in hong kong. street hawkers used to sell posters lol but just bruce lee and stuff. good to know federer and nadal have joined the company :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,484 Posts
Via said:
hmmm small stationery stores? i grew up in hong kong. street hawkers used to sell posters lol but just bruce lee and stuff. good to know federer and nadal have joined the company :lol:
:lol: and they still do(but not as many now days), the 'stationary store' r actually stores inside malls/shopping centres. its all very clean n tidy, makes u feel like ur buying official ones ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,319 Posts
aww dont feel lonely Via!!! Are you coming down for Aus Open next year???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i can't imagine fighting those crowds every year! lol i'm thinking of going back to adelaide, if the field is good...

you should come up to sydney with your best pal... would be fun. aren't you having a extra long summer holiday? you'll need somewhere to go! or you'll be very bored!!! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
an update... ;)

i've made a canvas print from the image that i was talking about... it's 18x24" or around a2 in size, it looks absolutely sensational, and i intend to find arnaud next january *fingers crossed* to let him sign on it. i hope he'll be thrilled to see it!!!!!!!! :hearts:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
awesome, i hope ya get to meet him.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Via

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,329 Posts
I bet he'll be happy to see it! It must look really good :)
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top