just need to made federer hit a cross court backhand and he wins every point

·
Your visions will happen
48,563 Posts
if Federer wins

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
It must be nice to be a Federer fan. When he wins you get to gloat about his GOATship, when he loses you just whip out the old man excuse.
IMO they are about 50/50 for the match tomorrow. It really just depends on who wants it more and brings their best game.

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
It must be nice to be a Federer fan. When he wins you get to gloat about his GOATship, when he loses you just whip out the old man excuse.
IMO they are about 50/50 for the match tomorrow. It really just depends on who wants it more and brings their best game.
You'll have the same privilege when Djokovic has won 18 slams and is still making slam finals at 34 :)

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
Just so we're clear, how old does Djokovic have to be before the old man excuse becomes valid? As far as I can tell it came into effect for Roger at about the age of 27.
Well I don't remember anyone saying Federer is an old man at 27, in 2008, even though he was battling obvious mono and had obviously declined.

We can start calling Djokovic old once obvious signs of decline are apparent. I think it's slowly becoming apparent that Djokovic is declining so I reckon in a year or two in tennis terms Djokovic will be getting on quite a bit.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
There are two options, Nole might win or lose. Same with Fed. Let's hope for a great match.

·
Registered
27,241 Posts
Is there any way peak Federer serving at 870% doesn't win this?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
All depends on federer.

If he produces 90 percent of his semi level then nothing djokovic does can possibly make a difference and federer wins.

It's likely though that he won't repeat that serving performance, how can you? and it will be a contest but I still think that federer will win.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
All depends on federer.

If he produces 90 percent of his semi level then nothing djokovic does can possibly make a difference and federer wins.

It's likely though that he won't repeat that serving performance, how can you? and it will be a contest but I still think that federer will win.
1. Djokovic is a better server than Murray, and is serving better than last year.
2. Djokovic is a better returner that Murray.

Federer can repeat his semi performance to keep it close. Whether he does or not, Djokovic gets #9.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
If federer repeats his semi performance then it won't be close.

Djokovic is not a better returner than murray on grass.

Look at how he struggled against Anderson before Anderson started to think of the significance of perhaps winning.

Murray broke karlovic twice.

Djokovic wouldn't have got anywhere near to breaking karlovic, doubt he even would have got a break point.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
If Fed plays like he did in the semifinals, I'm not sure Djokovic is even the favorite.

It depends on which version of Fed shows up, of course.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts