Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As Charles Barkley has stated, parent, not athletes, are role models. However, let's face it: children today look up to celebrities: athletes, musicians, etc. Of the current players playing the men's game today, who would you "prop up" as a role model for your children?

Captain of the Egoprise? The world #1? Almost, but not quite. Would you want your child to be constantly looking in the mirror?

Dr. No? The world #2? Humble off the court, but would like your child to be "vamosing" after cutting off a senior citizen on the highway?

The Fresh Prince of Hot Air? The world #3? Would you like your son or daughter bragging that they will one day become a better parent than YOU?

Who is there left?

Is there anyone?

·
Retired Party Hostess
14,976 Posts
Re: Is there a player who you would like to have a your child's role model?

I don't have/want children, but if I did- I'd want them to take their cues from Zabaleta. He's fun, doesn't take things too seriously, and is an all around good person. :hatoff:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts

Marat Safin-David Nalbandian-Juan Pablo Brzezicki-Gustavo Kuerten-Carlos Moya

·
Registered
351 Posts

I would lik that my child could throw his/her racquets like Safin. :lol:

I'll have to wait some time for my child though, so might get new ideas ;)

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
Any top3/ GS champion player

so he/she will be rich and look after the old man and do him proud :p

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
The Fresh Prince of Hot Air, another Sawan special right of the conveyor belt ;)

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,879 Posts
^^ :rolls:
I don't want my kids to look up to any tennis player as a role model.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Djokovic for sure. Just look at the values his parents instilled in him. They can do no wrong.

·
Registered
25,078 Posts
If I had kids, they could root who they wanted to root for. Kids values are instilled in them through their families. They can learn things from athletes - the ability to work hard to become one of the best, to work as a team (in team sports), to overcome obstacles, etc. - but for the things people are referring to here - behavior - that's learned at home. And I don't want to isolate my kids - I want them to go out into the world, be able to judge between the good and the bad, but at the same time, not to be judgmental. No one is 100% perfect.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I would like my children to be relaxed and cheerfull...with smile on their face when facing trouble :)

for example Marcos Baghdatis(remember his smile when he faced MP against Llegs?) :worship:

Reactions: *Ljubica*

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,879 Posts
:spit:

Cause they already have great ones.:hearts:
You are a sweetie; so thanks;) They have other role models thankfully but since the question asked about "tennis" players ( I assumed) my answer is still no :lol: On the other hand playing sports themselves either alone or on a team, being involved in school projects with others be it science or liberal arts, and yes doing stuff with their family and friends is way more important;) But I digress:p

1 - 20 of 76 Posts