Votes: 38 45.2%
  • No

Votes: 46 54.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
No...especially for Nadal. He is a different beast in BO5-- 8-3 in Slams vs. Djokovic speaks for itself..He is the much more better big match player than Nole..

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Even if Joker wins Rome, I doubt if he can take down Nadal in best of 5/ the mysterious performance-enhanced second week Nadal in Paris

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Dull is the favourite, even if he get double bageled tomorrow
This. Dull is favorite until proven otherwise.
/Thread

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
No, not really but it's a good question which brings me to something else. I've read a couple of years ago somewhere (I really can't remember tho) that the best indicator of a potential RG winner is Monte Carlo. Apparently, there are many guys who won MC and went to win RG that same year. Sorry, I'm bad at stats. I hope that maybe Litotes or Slasher can 'enlighten' us here. The article was also mentioning the similarity between MC and RG courts etc.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
No, not really but it's a good question which brings me to something else. I've read a couple of years ago somewhere (I really can't remember tho) that the best indicator of a potential RG winner is Monte Carlo. Apparently, there are many guys who won MC and went to win RG that same year. Sorry, I'm bad at stats. I hope that maybe Litotes or Slasher can 'enlighten' us here. The article was also mentioning the similarity between MC and RG courts etc.
Yep, MC winner was the most probable RG winner for the last 20 year or so.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=21682745&postcount=22

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
I don't think so even though mentally it will be an advantage for the winner

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Big time, yes. It won't engrave it in stone, yet would be a massive mental boost.

More important for Rafa atm though, Nole could very well lose here and enter in the same state of mind RG as he would have regardless, while Rafa losing here would have a potentially crushing effect on him mentally.

my 2 cents anyway

·
Registered
7,154 Posts

I went back and looed that up. 9 diferent players won that duo ( MC & RG) Borg was the only who did it twice.

Then came Rafa did it 8 times.

Going to check and see the Rome and RG connection.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I went back and looed that up. 9 diferent players won that duo ( MC & RG) Borg was the only who did it twice.

Then came Rafa did it 8 times.

Going to check and see the Rome and RG connection.

After a quick flash comparing Rome and RG i counted 7 players winning both in a total of 8 titles. Birg again winning 2 years.

Then came Rafa doing it 5 times.

MC is older then Rome so more chances for that stat. Some tank Rome to get ready for RG while in the past some maybe just skiped.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
IT depends on what margin they win by. If Nole wins 6-3 6-2, absolutely destroying Nadal's gameplan, than yes he's the favorite. If it is a tight match, I put Nadal as the favorite.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
It's not really a large enough sample. Then you throw in numerous ball changes, MC rebuilding their courts about a decade ago, calendar changes, etc etc.

MC isn't particularly close to RG courts in terms of construction either. It's also quite a bit slower, because of temperatures and the sea air - not my opinion, that of the MC head groundsman.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts