Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
LOL, compare the unemployment rate in the US to that of most European countries and you will get an idea of why so many Europeans are driven to looking for a better life In the US.

Der Fuhrer in his bunker will not be around for ever.
How does that negate what I said? The millions on welfare are mostly voluntarily in that state.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
You didn't answer my question. That said to answer yours, the Floyd case is not necessarily racism. Could be just utter incompetence (not only african americans at the receiving end of such). But could also be a deeper/ingrained/latent form of racism; a fearful kneejerk reaction when encountering black people (North Carolina cop: ‘This fear of black men is real’ There's one epidemic we may never find a vaccine for: fear of black men in public spaces). In any case according to research black people are treated disproportionally worse by the police. The more you have such cases pop up, the larger the cumulative backlash, due to this underlying ongoing disparity.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
So both cases may or may not be racism... yet world only protest and kneel down for one. I wonder why, and I wonder if that extreme disparity in reactions isn't racism itself.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
So both cases may or may not be racism... yet world only protest and kneel down for one. I wonder why, and I wonder if that extreme disparity in reactions isn't racism itself.
Read again. There's disparity against black by the police. That's one issue (which you don't seem to acknowledge). There's also activism against police brutality in general (regardless of your ethnicity). March 15 — International Day against Police Brutality- Fighting for police accountability from…

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Read again. There's disparity against black by the police. That's one issue (which you don't seem to acknowledge). There's also activism against police brutality in general (regardless of your ethnicity). March 15 — International Day against Police Brutality- Fighting for police accountability from…
I don't need to read again. Im all against police brutality. I fail to see why the world should stop after a white cop kills a black man but not when a mob of black men lynch a white one. I fail to see why one is considered a hideous act of racism worthy of stopping the world, kneeling down God knows why and licking black men's boots just because you're white while the other is just ignored.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
This is apparently not racism, no one will protest nor kneel down for him:

View attachment 355339
Lol, first of all the guy isnt dead. Second of all he isnt a store owner. He was according to himself trying to protect a bar that he likes. He was running at people trying to stab them with a sword. And also he was beaten up by a multi ethnic coalition of people. So yeah, no one is protesting against this event because what exactly would you be protesting against? Then again black Americans are barring Chinese Uygurs probably the people incracerated at the highest rate in the world. And the police are on video murdering them and still wont be convicted.

This is also not just a question about race. Looking at protests and looting footage there is a very high diversity of races and ages. Every race in that country seems to hate the police. Unarmed white people also regularly get murdered on camera, like the shirtless guy in a hotel hallway that was murdered by a cop with an inscription of "Get fucked" on the side of his gun. America is a country with an identity built on cliches about "freedom" that is ironically a complete police state, (highest incarceration rate in history as Im sure you know). So America is a police state, with massive unemployment due to the corona crisis, and middle class wages which adjusted for inflation and buying power effectively have dropped over the last 40 years. The political system is completely dysfunctional and unable to respond to the needs and wishes of the people.

Implying that America is turning into a third world country because of this unrest is an idea I dont agree with. Sure America is very dysfunctional in many ways, but I am encouraged by the recent waves of protests, to me it signifies that the American people is not completely subservient to the rich and powerful and their footsoldiers in the police. Way to often the American people has eaten any shit that the ruling classes have spoonfed them, but for the moment they are standing up, its nice to see. To protest is to show the world that you have dignity and wont accept what the government is doing to you.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Lol, first of all the guy isnt dead. Second of all he isnt a store owner. He was according to himself trying to protect a bar that he likes. He was running at people trying to stab them with a sword. And also he was beaten up by a multi ethnic coalition of people. So yeah, no one is protesting against this event because what exactly would you be protesting against? Then again black Americans are barring Chinese Uygurs probably the people incracerated at the highest rate in the world. And the police are on video murdering them and still wont be convicted.

This is also not just a question about race. Looking at protests and looting footage there is a very high diversity of races and ages. Every race in that country seems to hate the police. Unarmed white people also regularly get murdered on camera, like the shirtless guy in a hotel hallway that was murdered by a cop with an inscription of "Get fucked" on the side of his gun. America is a country with an identity built on cliches about "freedom" that is ironically a complete police state, (highest incarceration rate in history as Im sure you know). So America is a police state, with massive unemployment due to the corona crisis, and middle class wages which adjusted for inflation and buying power effectively have dropped over the last 40 years. The political system is completely dysfunctional and unable to respond to the needs and wishes of the people.

Implying that America is turning into a third world country because of this unrest is an idea I dont agree with. Sure America is very dysfunctional in many ways, but I am encouraged by the recent waves of protests, to me it signifies that the American people is not completely subservient to the rich and powerful and their footsoldiers in the police. Way to often the American people has eaten any shit that the ruling classes have spoonfed them, but for the moment they are standing up, its nice to see. To protest is to show the world that you have dignity and wont accept what the government is doing to you.
So much BS I won't bother replying, just making clear that looting and killing isn't "protesting".

·
Registered
656 Posts
It might be on the road to becoming one.
I mean any "diverse" country given enough time and "diversity" will evolve into a shithole, it's axiomatic.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
No, it is not. The economy is too strong.

It is just a temporary Banana Republic.
The cost of housing/education and medicine have skyrocketed the last 20-30 years and wages haven't risen anywhere close to that for the median worker. It's a great place to live if you are in the top 20% of income earners,have no medical issue's or have inherited wealth. While nowhere near a 3rd world country,we are basically in the same boat of 2nd world or bottom tier 1st world countries with a broken dysfunctional system that doesn't seem like America will be better off this century.

·
10,392 Posts
Just so you know, this is a false narrative.
Basically true. They haven't decreased but haven't increased (much) either.

Its more or less that America has gotten more expensive in comparison to wages.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts