Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without the opportunity to defend his 2000 points from Cincy and Toronto, Nadal is hardly a contender anymore.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Novak missed Madrid and he's still #1 in the race and ranking just after Wimbledon.

But Nadal is missing even 2 Masters so..depends on the Us Open basically, if he doesn't win the USO, yeah it is over.

·
Your visions will happen
47,139 Posts
Yes, unfortunately

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
yeah, here we go again ... Rafa/Don Toni will outsmart everyone. Djokovic is simply too naive/pregnant.

The devil knows what he is doing.

666 the number of the beast. Let's dance girls ;)

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Djokovic also missing 2 masters (Madrid and other due to baby) so it's all even, Djokovic will be better player since he wasn't lost 4th round of major.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Your stupidity is high today my friend.
Nadal fan????
You want to compare loosing 2 ATPM1000 which Rafa won last year to Nole not playing Madrid and a another M1000 that he hasnt missed?

Plus do you remember how many points Nole had to defend in Madrid? Barly nothing. While he didnt win nothing in madrid he didnt loose. Rafa has already lost 2000.
You showed your IQ Level with this post not surprising since it's my observation Dull fan base has averaged their IQ at 22.77, you made it slightly better since you knows how 52 week ranking works at least.

Back to topic, as we are talking about year end rankings it'll count points in calendar year Jan to Nov 2014. 2000 points Nadal will lose affect his 52 week ranking but not calendar year ranking.

Every point Nadal wins directly added in calendar year ranking know as race to London. At the end of the year which player performs better in calendar year will be No 1. So how Points from Cincy/Toronto gained last year affect YE ranking?? If you still don't get this I'll refer you to Slasher1985 for further explanation, since I couldn't drop further. :facepalm:

My point still stands, both players missing two masters in calendar year so it evens out Nadal's pull out. They are getting equal chances at masters and GS level in Calendar Year with Djokovic emerging as better player since he has better results in Calendar Year. Face it.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
But Djokovic "was lost Quarterfinal of major" so it's almost even.
Yeah it's true but Novak has better masters results, that's making difference instead of Nadal's pullout since both will have 7 masters to contend.

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
The race was over after Wimbledon

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yes its over.
But number 1 ranking should not be in Nadals mind...He should concentrate only on majors.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
it is, sadly

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
what's the update for total weeks at #1?
too lazy to....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts