Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't analysed too much to prove this, but from what I noticed the young Novak who was ruthless on-court seemed more stable mentally, I was just watching the Miami QF Novak Vs. Rafael and he was in complete aggressive mode, he looks to have gained some of that fire in his eyes since 2013 Shanghai Masters, and has been very successful since. What do you say ?

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
It's probably not that simple, there are many factors at play, and not just for Novak, for any player out there. To beat Nadal on clay or Fed/Murray on grass etc, everything has to be "clicking", mentality, form, being fresh enough, court conditions, and so on.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
No. The RG 2013 choke is what killed him for a while. He has blown so many leads since then in big matches, and hopefully the Wimbledon win is just what he needs to stop that happening. The donation of the US open 3rd set is one of the best examples. Awful stuff.

Let's not forget he has also been through the mill. His grandad died and he decided to play Monte Carlo despite being in no fit state, thus allowing Nadal to break the winning streak. His father was ill, his coach died. It's no wonder the poor guy isn't solely focused on tennis!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
No. The RG 2013 choke is what killed him for a while. He has blown so many leads since then in big matches, and hopefully the Wimbledon win is just what he needs to stop that happening. The donation of the US open 3rd set is one of the best examples. Awful stuff.
I agree 100%. He was down mentally from RG 2013 until Wimbledon 2014. Luckily that he won Wimbledon, his favorite tournament, plus starting family,child,etc. He could be on a roll bcs he is very dependant from that out-tennis stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts