Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there's no tennis on tv at this time of year, (nothing worth mentioning anyways)

So I was wondering, is tennis your favorite sport? if it isn't, which is your favorite and least favorite?

Mine, in order.

Boxing.
MMA.
Kickboxing.
Tennis.
I don't care about any other sport unless it's the world cup of football.

My least favorite sports by far are American Football, Basketball and Baseball

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Top 3:
Tennis
ping pong
volleyball

Anything with a ball and a net is worth playing.

But really, I like many sports.
American football, soccer, basketball...except baseball. Dumbest sport in the world.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,415 Posts
for playing, yes

for watching it comes 2nd to football

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Mine in order:

1. Tennis - definitely
2. Volleyball
3. Football

I try to watch on TV every sport at Summer Olympics.
Ping-pong is my second favourite sport for playing but I'm not interesting with professional contests.
In the middle 90's I was a fan of NBA.
Don't care completely about all motorsports.

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
Yes. I belive individual sports are superior to team sports. With the latter, everyone exceeds and fails based on each other's performance. I do not like golf, bowling, bass fishing, NASCAR, Formula 1... they are just professional hobbies and not sports. It seems like there is not much effort put into them, physically speaking. Like, you could be 60 years and 250 pounds and be the best golfer in the world. You hit a ball into a cup. :confused: Oooh aaah... you don't even walk from hole to hole; you drive. :eek: Bowling? Please. That's what I did in high school when I wanted to get away from my parents for a few hours. Bass fishing? My dad did that as a retired postal worker. Should he go pro because he likes to eat a fresh fish once in a while? That's not a sport. Cleaning them is harder than catching them. At least you work with a sweat. :rolleyes: Professional driving? You're going in an oval. It's not even an obstacle course. How fun to watch. I'm guessing the Indy 500 is actually 500 laps? People actually pay to watch this?? :lol: :haha: :lol: :haha: They must have no lives. :wavey:

Tennis is my sport. That's why I'm up at 3 am to talk about it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
to play definitely...
to watch .. it comes just after gymnastics..

others i like are :
swimming/athletics... kind of a big fan of individual sports

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,503 Posts
No.

·
Registered
866 Posts
also follow:
football (aka soccer)
formula one

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Yes. I belive individual sports are superior to team sports. With the latter, everyone exceeds and fails based on each other's performance. I do not like golf, bowling, bass fishing, NASCAR, Formula 1... they are just professional hobbies and not sports. It seems like there is not much effort put into them, physically speaking. Like, you could be 60 years and 250 pounds and be the best golfer in the world. You hit a ball into a cup. :confused: Oooh aaah... you don't even walk from hole to hole; you drive. :eek: Bowling? Please. That's what I did in high school when I wanted to get away from my parents for a few hours. Bass fishing? My dad did that as a retired postal worker. Should he go pro because he likes to eat a fresh fish once in a while? That's not a sport. Cleaning them is harder than catching them. At least you work with a sweat. :rolleyes: Professional driving? You're going in an oval. It's not even an obstacle course. How fun to watch. I'm guessing the Indy 500 is actually 500 laps? People actually pay to watch this?? :lol: :haha: :lol: :haha: They must have no lives. :wavey:

Well, you can´t really compare sports like that. Depending on conditions, a round of golf can be physically more demanding than a tennis match. As for individual sports and team sports, there are advantages and disadvantages in both of them.

As for the actual question, yes, tennis is my favorite sport. I love playing it, watching it, betting on it. What a great sport!!

·
Registered
11,323 Posts
1: Tennis
2: Golf
Tied 3rd: Squash, Chess, Table Tennis, Pool, Cricket, Soccer, Running, Cycling, F1, WRC + others.

First 2 are interchangeable.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts

hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha u tool

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
to watch:

1-football
2-tennis
3-mma

but i've been playing a lot more tennis than football lately. I just don't put tennis in first because I can't stand watching "shitty games", like a game between top100 players

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Tennis
Football
Rugby
Track and Field
Cycling
Swimming

·
Registered
878 Posts
Football (soccer variety) is my favourite sport. Tennis is second... and that's about it really. I'll watch cricket or rugby if it's a big England match, but I don't really care about either. Boxing too I'll watch if it's a big fight, but it's not something I have any huge interest in.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Tennis, Golf, Baseball. Years ago if anyone would have told me that I could watch 18 holes of Golf on TV, I would have told them they were crazy. For some reason, as I never have played golf, I do so especially if I am rooting for a favorite contender the final day.

·
Registered
15,596 Posts
1) football
2) tennis
3) ice-hockey

Least favourite, I dunno, cricket pisses me off but if you count fishing as a sport then most definitley that.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts