Mens Tennis Forums banner

Is tennis in Montreal/Cincy more enjoyable without boring moonballers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you like fast tennis, which is being displayed by Tsonga, Fed, Murray, Dimitrov etc.. in Montreal. Or do you miss certain boring grinders/pushers/moonballers on HC in the US Series?

·
Registered
13,392 Posts
That confusing poll question tho...

·
Registered
821 Posts
Do you like fast tennis, which is being displayed by Tsonga, Fed, Murray, Dimitrov etc.. in Montreal. Or do you miss certain boring grinders/pushers/moonballers on HC in the US Series?
You got it wrong....Federer's game is the most boring of all the current players.
Whatever the name you call grinding, moonballing..etc...that is what people enjoy and pay for.
By the way....tsonga, Murray and dimitrov are more enjoyable watching them play compared to mr boring federer.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Men's Canada Masters is in Toronto, not Montreal(women are playing in Montreal this year).

Even the "attacking players", are not doing a great job of attacking here (way too many UEs).

·
Registered
26,785 Posts
I am actually glad Toronto (the OP confused ATP with WTA I think) turned out this way. Nice reminder for real tennis fans what tennis was like pre-Rafa. Federer is practicing 3-setters, his opponents are scared even to think about winning, Fed's famous "let them fight for the right to play against me" is written all over his smugly face.

Is this tennis you want to watch? :zzz:

And btw, I did not see any beauty in those matches, none, nada, zero. Beauty of Fed's tennis is a myth that was invented, repeated and repeated by his tards. When I watch Rafa fight for every ball, when I watch Novak to swiftly return every ball under amazing angles, when I watch Andy to nit his web, when I watch Juan Martin to blow the opponents from the court- then I see a beauty of tennis :worship:

Federer? :shrug: Nothing but arrogance and the good old "all-the-time bended knees". Technique is classic but that's about it.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
My first post in a while since moving to China. I know nobody cares...

I think a big tournament without the top two in the latter stages is more interesting, as there is a greater level of uncertainty.

Much as I like his game, I would almost prefer to not see Federer there either, replaced by a younger player. As it is, I would be pretty happy whoever wins now - Tsonga deserves it the way he's played after going through a pretty rough year or so; Dimitrov capturing his first Masters would be a huge moment for the "nextgen" players, and would probably give him the confidence to go on and challenge for the top prizes, and make top four (we know he has the ability...); Lopez is a throwback to a different age of tennis and his style is so anachronistic that it would be something special for him to win here; and Federer to win a Masters after almost two years without, at the age of 33, having been written off by many last year...that would make a nice story too.

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
My first post in a while since moving to China. I know nobody cares...

I think a big tournament without the top two in the latter stages is more interesting, as there is a greater level of uncertainty.

Much as I like his game, I would almost prefer to not see Federer there either, replaced by a younger player. As it is, I would be pretty happy whoever wins now - Tsonga deserves it the way he's played after going through a pretty rough year or so; Dimitrov capturing his first Masters would be a huge moment for the "nextgen" players, and would probably give him the confidence to go on and challenge for the top prizes, and make top four (we know he has the ability...); Lopez is a throwback to a different age of tennis and his style is so anachronistic that it would be something special for him to win here; and Federer to win a Masters after almost two years without, at the age of 33, having been written off by many last year...that would make a nice story too.
A permanent move?

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
Certainly for the next two years because of work. Maybe longer. Eaten some interesting food already. Having trouble with the language though...
Nice :yeah:

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Federer can play till 40 and still try to vulture tournaments. He gets some special fishy treatment but no one will ever suspect.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Great tournament !!!! The most enjoyable tournament this year ! Great matches not like FO . Rolland Garros was disgusting , Wimbeldon was great but Toronto is the best so far. I hope we have a great Final and SF. If US Open has the same fast courts we could see more younger players.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
I am actually glad Toronto (the OP confused ATP with WTA I think) turned out this way. Nice reminder for real tennis fans what tennis was like pre-Rafa. Federer is practicing 3-setters, his opponents are scared even to think about winning, Fed's famous "let them fight for the right to play against me" is written all over his smugly face.

And btw, I did not see any beauty in those matches, none, nada, zero. Beauty of Fed's tennis is a myth that was invented, repeated and repeated by his tards. When I watch Rafa fight for every ball, when I watch Novak to swiftly return every ball under amazing angles, when I watch Andy to nit his web, when I watch Juan Martin to blow the opponents from the court- then I see a beauty of tennis :worship:

Federer? :shrug: Nothing but arrogance and the good old "all-the-time bended knees". Technique is classic but that's about it.
Man you really need to see a doc because you brain is in fog. Hate is hever good for anyone. Djokovic plays ping pong tennis and Rafa is maybe even more boring than Ferrer,

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Poll:sad:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes I fucked up the poll and the city but who cares. The point is people are sick to death of moonballers ruining tennis.

Federer makes a lot of UE´s but his game is still the most beautiful to watch. So much versatility. Some of his volleys were ridiculous, the commentators were in awe. Only Dullturds on this forum cannot appreciate it, because they are blinded by hatred simply because Fed is greater than their idol. :wavey:

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Nadull losing is one of the best gifts of tennis, so it's a trade-off. We at the Anti-Dull Alliance like to see piggy lose, but we also like insurance that he won't win a title. The one great thing is that the winner will be fully deserving of the title.

Why would you even make this pathetic post? And you have the nerve to criticise us? Show some respect to Roger unless you want to be labelled as a hater (not sure if you claim that or not).

You got it wrong....Federer's game is the most boring of all the current players.
Whatever the name you call grinding, moonballing..etc...that is what people enjoy and pay for.
By the way....tsonga, Murray and dimitrov are more enjoyable watching them play compared to mr boring federer.
You don't understand tennis if you think Roger's game is boring. Even in 2014 at 40% of his peak, he still plays one of the most beautiful games on tour.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts