Is SUCCESS going into his head ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
He was behaving like a 2 year old on the court last night against carlos berlocq , just going for the broke in 2nd round . He was fist-pumping , roaring and most pathetic , he was blushing at his own shots .

Then , at the presser he could not stop laughing and blushing . He was so into raving about himself and started to blush whenever reporter asked him about the match .

I feel he is getting too excited after being NO. 1 and success has gotten in his head . Such players have chances of a nervous - breakdown happening soon if they start loosing few matches after such a great streak . He is unlike FEDAL who remained quite calm and composed in their pressers(post-match) after their brutal wins in early rounds at grandslams , but this guy just can't stop bubbling with excitement and adrenaline .

Soon there will be times when he becomes arrogant in his pressers , but i hope not.

Have a look at his presser , please .(day 4 )

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/interactive/video/index.html?promo=subnav&category=press

do you feel success is going into his head ??

do you feel these are the signs of the start of a new breed of arrogance and rashness at the top spot in men's tennis????

(PLEASE TRY TO BE UNBIASED ABOUT THIS WHETHER YOU ARE A FAN OR NOT , COZ ITS A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION FOR THE FUTURE OF THE TENNIS WORLD )

3,728 Posts
good for nole if he's passionate about tennis

thats my 2 cents

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
This is Novak Djokovic. The guy who was renowned for doing imitations of not only ATP players but WTA players as well. He was NEVER your conventional, dull top player.

And he's supposed give straight-edged, ho-hum interviews now that he's ascended to No. 1? Not gonna happen.

He is who he is and it's nice to see that the ranking next to his name hasn't changed him.

·
Registered
13,526 Posts
oh come on , tis not about personality but starting signs of rash behavior
"Rash" behaviour? :haha:

He's not behaving any differently from when he was number 3 in the world and losing to Fedal on a regular basis.

·
Registered
653 Posts
To be fair, he did have a reason to be impressed with himself after that performance. He's obviously become very confident in his abilities this year and rightly so. There's nothing wrong with his 'behaviour'.

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
I would say the egg helped transfer success out of Nole's head in to his HEAD.

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
Wait so tennis fans cry out for personalities like Mcenroe etc saying tennis players like Federer and Nadal are dull and sculpted by their PR yet when you get a personality in tennis people start screaming 'ARROGANT'. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
To be fair, he did have a reason to be impressed with himself after that performance. He's obviously become very confident in his abilities this year and rightly so. There's nothing wrong with his 'behaviour'.
This.
Difficult to take this thread seriously though. :rolleyes:

Give me Mr. Big Personality everytime instead of dull Fedal. :zzz:

·
Registered
934 Posts
yes but it's okay. when you win a lot, you deserve to be more confident, more cocky and it helps you win more. that is why i laugh when people criticize federer for his supposed arrogance when it's his confidence in himself that helps him win matches. nadal's "humility" is just an obvious act, how he acts when he's down in a match and when he loses is more telling of his real competitive attitude. all these players need a little arrogance to them otherwise, they'll never succeed.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Give him his moment for heavens sake ! He, s world number 1 ! Who wouldent be a little bashful winning 6-0 6-0 6-2! That is a serious beatdown! Don,t start gettin jealous of him for god sake! You honestly think that a player wouldent be bashful winning 6-0 6-0 6-2? Your Insaine!

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
No problem with it at all. It's not so much to my personal taste, but "different stuff for different folks", and it surely doesn't hurt the game to have some different personalities around.

Give me Mr. Big Personality everytime instead of dull Fedal. :zzz:
So it's okay when Djoko shows being proud of his achievements, but when Fed does exactly the same (which he is/does, as you point out often enough), he's being 'arrogant'? :rolleyes:

3,728 Posts
fedal aren't dull

their both media savvy and trained to give "proper" responses

if you read federer's interviews in french or german you sometimes see his real personality - funny guy

nadal is a humble so it isn't in his nature to brag- but i'm sure he's as confident as anyone else

nole is easily the most charismatic of all the top players (except maybe roddick) charisma brings with it- the haters who don't like it

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I don't know if it's going to his head but it sure is going to the head of some of his tard fangirls.

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
fedal aren't dull

their both media savvy and trained to give "proper" responses

if you read federer's interviews in french or german you sometimes see his real personality - funny guy

nadal is a humble so it isn't in his nature to brag- but i'm sure he's as confident as anyone else

nole is easily the most charismatic of all the top players (except maybe roddick) charisma brings with it- the haters who don't like it
:haha:

1 - 20 of 341 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.