Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There have been numerous reports on racism, discrimination and violence going on in Israel pretty much since its very settlement, but it seems that it's been getting worse with time.

These are incidents from the previous month only:

Zionist Israelis Demonstrate Against Home Sale to Arab Family

Israeli Public Pool Separates Arabs From Jews

Ali is on the grill!’ Israeli settlers celebrate burning of Palestinian baby

While all of this is accepted and normalised, celebrating the death of a dead baby is pretty much as low as you can get in my book.

·
Registered
36,855 Posts
Re: Zionist Israelis Demonstrate Against Home Sale to Arab Family

how was ur banned?

·
RAVE ON
18,471 Posts

He was banned?

I thought he was just too afraid of Venezuela being discussed.

·
Registered
36,855 Posts

no, their economy shrinked 18% in the last year

viva la revolución

·
RAVE ON
18,471 Posts

Which does not hide the fact that the protest in that village was shameful.

Still, I have no doubt it would be possible to counteract whatever article he posts with an equally shameful story from the other side.
Or maybe not, because the countries using Gaza to try to embarrass Israel have already got rid of their Jews and no longer need to protest their buying a house.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
First incident is pretty normal, I wonder if that arab family later feel comfortable in a Jewish community.
All are equal only sounds better in books but in ground reality (from which editor, liberal elite live at a distance) things aren't rosy rosy.
Many here who critize these ppl for protesting against selling of house to Arab never lives in a ghetto.

·
Registered
36,855 Posts
First incident is pretty normal, I wonder if that arab family later feel comfortable in a Jewish community.
All are equal only sounds better in books but in ground reality (from which editor, liberal elite live at a distance) things aren't rosy rosy.
Many here who critize these ppl for protesting against selling of house to Arab never lives in a ghetto.
You know what happen to a Muslim who even think of selling his house to a jew?
Death and declaring him as a traitor

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know what happen to a Muslim who even think of selling his house to a jew?
Death and declaring him as a traitor
Not in civilised countries, dear.

I am not surprised that you can't even begin to criticise the racism and segregation in your own country. In fact, it's well a well known fact you support it. You are as racist as they come.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Racism is evil, and some of the things that abraxas posted are indeed clear expressions of racism, but it's not fair to paint the entire country and people as racist, because THAT is also racist.

Israel is as civilized as it is possible in the ocean of suppression around Israel. For example you can't even build a church or god forbid a synagogue in Saudi Arabia, a close ally of the US. How should we call that?

There are hundreds of all sorts of christian denominations churches, mosques and synagogues in Israel.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Racism is evil, and some of the things that abraxas posted are indeed clear expressions of racism, but it's not fair to paint the entire country and people as racist, because THAT is also racist.
No, I honestly think it is not. I don't think that every single person living in Israel is racist but I do view Israel as a whole as a place where segregation and racism thrive and are actually legally enforced and promoted by the State itself.

What would you call a country which officially defines itself in ethnic terms (e.g. the Jewish State) and which actively promotes immigration from a particular ethnic group only (Jewish people)?

What would you call a country where over half of the Jewish population wants Arabs expelled from their country, according to surveys?

Yes, Israel is indeed a racist country. There's no question about it.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I have great respect towards mr. @abraxas21, but a country where two community virtually represent 2 country (or a country and a semi-country)who are at war , trust might not be a easy thing.
Also we are discussing here about common ppl who suffers most.

All hate aren't racism.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
What would you call a country which officially defines itself in ethnic terms (e.g. the Jewish State) and which actively promotes immigration from a particular ethnic group only (Jewish people)?

What would you call a country where over half of the Jewish population wants Arabs expelled from their country, according to surveys?

1) never understand why ppl consider Jewish as ethnic term when it's a religion identity , many Indian new in late 40s migrated to Israel ,just like polish, Russia etc.
I never find anybody objecting terms like 'Islamic republic' as a racist one.

2) It's good that they openly says that they don't want arab-muslim etc... many countries forcefully convert their minorities under the disguise of taqiya.

·
Registered
36,855 Posts
Not in civilised countries, dear.

I am not surprised that you can't even begin to criticise the racism and segregation in your own country. In fact, it's well a well known fact you support it. You are as racist as they come.
Can u name a country that is clean of racism? Mexico? Chila? Europe? Russia? Canada? India? Japan?

Come forward and declare pls I would love to hear

Its again prove your antisemitic nature by addressing Israel like it's a local problem and not a world problem and my favorite part is u ignoring the fact or maybe not informed of the muslims who are Israeli citizens who use their blue ID to get into places and commit terror

·
Registered
36,855 Posts
1) never understand why ppl consider Jewish as ethnic term when it's a religion identity , many Indian new in late 40s migrated to Israel ,just like polish, Russia etc.
I never find anybody objecting terms like 'Islamic republic' as a racist one.

2) It's good that they openly says that they don't want arab-muslim etc... many countries forcefully convert their minorities under the disguise of taqiya.
Do u know how many Jews live in his beloved "Palestine" or other Muslim countries?

Google or guess u can easily find the answer

And yes as u said it's a faith not an ethnic group.
That's how antisemitic works, they see us as the same

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
No, I honestly think it is not. I don't think that every single person living in Israel is racist but I do view Israel as a whole as a place where segregation and racism thrive and are actually legally enforced and promoted by the State itself.

1. I would call it a common practice in a number of European countries, where the Constitution defines the titular nation and all citizens with equal rights including minorities who live there. It is quite common for peoples that had been enslaved or part of some empires and then had some sorts of national liberation and self determination. So preservation of their language and culture was the principal idea behind creating the nation state, so they often also declare the official language. Many of them also offer citizenship to other members of their ethnic/religious/linguistic community. Such states also declare themselves as the protectors of their communities wherever they live. I can quote quite a few of examples for all that if you want. People from Americas probably have different experience.

2. I would call it a fear for their own survival, when you are on a daily basis threatened from all sides. There is a common theme in the Middle East that Israel should be completely destroyed as a state. That is actually political mainstream there, no polls needed.

3. No it isn't, it was a state created to preserve Jewish culture and Jews who survived genocide and were almost completely exterminated in Europe, and now as the nation state of Israel they again face threats of total annihilation.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
some excerpts from the Hungarian constitution, which is quite characteristic, there are many others, more or less similar, but no one calls them racist for that.

"WE, THE MEMBERS OF THE HUNGARIAN NATION, at the beginning of the new millennium, with a sense of responsibility for every Hungarian, hereby proclaim the
following: We are proud that our king Saint Stephen built the Hungarian State on solid ground and made our country a part of Christian Europe one thousand years ago."

"We recognise the role of Christianity in preserving nationhood. We value the various religious traditions of our country. We promise to preserve the intellectual and spiritual unity of our nation torn apart in the storms of the last century. We proclaim that the nationalities living with us form part of the Hungarian political community and are constituent parts of the State.
We commit to promoting and safeguarding our heritage, our unique language, Hungarian culture, the languages and cultures of nationalities living in Hungary, along with all man-made and natural assets of the Carpathian Basin.

"Article D
Bearing in mind that there is one single Hungarian nation that belongs together, Hungary shall bear responsibility for the fate of Hungarians living beyond its borders, shall facilitate the survival and development of their communities, shall support their efforts to preserve their Hungarian identity, the effective use of their individual and collective rights, the establishment of their community self-governments, and their prosperity in their native lands, and shall promote their cooperation with each other and with Hungary".
It is clear that "we, the Hungarians" doesn't mean "we the citizens of Hungary" but rather the Hungarian ethnic/religious/linguistic community whose political will was crucial in creating their nation state called Hungary. Quite common in Europe and probably in the rest of the world.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
2. I would call it a fear for their own survival, when you are on a daily basis threatened from all sides. There is a common theme in the Middle East that Israel should be completely destroyed as a state. That is actually political mainstream there, no polls needed.

3. No it isn't, it was a state created to preserve Jewish culture and Jews who survived genocide and were almost completely exterminated in Europe, and now as a nation state of Israel they again face threats of total annihilation.
2. Israel has nuclear weapons. Others have much more reasons to fear them than otherwise. All wars Israel led made their territory greater. There are many among Orthodox Jews that think that state of Israel should not exist. Talmud even prohibits Jews from having their country until messiah arrives. There are mass demonstrations in Israel and all over the world by Orthodox Jews who protest existence of Israel, forced military draft in IDF, call for end of Apartheid and who reject Zionism fully as something completely opposed to Judaism. Guess those are some weird antisemitic kooks...

3. Yes preserve Jewish culture, like... Jerusalem gay parade maybe? I jest, kind of.
Point is, Jews already lived in Palestine before Israel, peacefully. Jewish culture and heritage was just fine there without Israel. Arab countries had large population of Jews, but those numbers shrunk when almost all of them immigrated to Israel. They lived there peacefully too. In Iran f.e. they are protected by constitution. They survived genocide in Europe, why they got Palestine? Where is logic in that? Only logic off course is make war, make bloodbath in Middle East.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
2. Israel has nuclear weapons. Others have much more reasons to fear them than otherwise. All wars Israel led made their territory greater. There are many among Orthodox Jews that think that state of Israel should not exist. Talmud even prohibits Jews from having their country until messiah arrives. There are mass demonstrations in Israel and all over the world by Orthodox Jews who protest existence of Israel, forced military draft in IDF, call for end of Apartheid and who reject Zionism fully as something completely opposed to Judaism. Guess those are some weird antisemitic kooks...

3. Yes preserve Jewish culture, like... Jerusalem gay parade maybe? I jest, kind of.
Point is, Jews already lived in Palestine before Israel, peacefully. Jewish culture and heritage was just fine there without Israel. Arab countries had large population of Jews, but those numbers shrunk when almost all of them immigrated to Israel. They lived there peacefully too. In Iran f.e. they are protected by constitution. They survived genocide in Europe, why they got Palestine? Where is logic in that? Only logic off course is make war, make bloodbath in Middle East.
I traveled to Israel and some Arab countries in the ME. I usually talk about things and places that I saw and experienced personally. Whether it is the Balkans, Middle East or America.

You jest but Israel is the only country in the region where gay parades can actually take place. In other places in the region homosexuals are sent to prison or even worse.

Serbian culture and heritage was just fine under Ottoman occupation? Serbs were peaceful..until they weren't. Serbs also experienced genocide as recent as XX century by the same ideology that exterminated Jews. Why does Serbia exist and who created it? Why not abolish it and restore the Ottoman empire so that we can all live in peace. I don't like borders and nationalism, but it is the reality and history. When all threats and bigotry disappear maybe we will all abolish borders. Not likely because humans generally have threatened and killed each other throughout history.

As for historical rights to the land, there is a lot to talk about. And almost everything points to the right of Jewish people to have Israel. And not all Jews from Arab countries "immigrated" to Israel. They "immigrated" the way many Serbs "immigrated" from Croatia and other places in ex Yugoslavia. Or Germans "immigrated" from many countries in Europe after WW2 to Germany.

Orthodox Jews are free to express their minority beliefs. Israel is a secular country. Again, unlike some other nations in the region. You need to be more objective.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
All wars Israel led made their territory greater.
I missed this pearl. Who started the wars? What wars did Israel lead? Wars have consequences. If you start a war and lose...face the consequences. Sounds familiar? Always was, always will be.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts