Mens Tennis Forums banner

Well?

• It's hardly worth watching now

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • It is more boring, but only because it lacks Fog's marvelous displays

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • It is more boring, but only because Clayray is no longer revolutionizing the surface

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • No, I only care about Fedalovic

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • No, I am really excited to see how Goffin and Berdych do

Votes: 10 23.8%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Muzz withdrew, Fog flamed out. Murray has been the story of the clay season so far, winning titles and beating everyone, even Nadal. Fognini has produced unbelievable tennis this week and set the crowd on fire.

·
Registered
29,419 Posts
A bit but not a lot

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
Muzz withdrew, Fog flamed out. Murray has been the story of the clay season so far, winning titles and beating everyone, even Nadal.
Not everyone, Fed+Djoker are missing from his resume this year.

Fognini has produced unbelievable tennis this week and set the crowd on fire.
Not that he would have won against Federer, though that would have been only 1 match away from meeting Nadal... so who knows...

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not everyone, Fed+Djoker are missing from his resume this year.

Not that he would have won against Federer, though that would have been only 1 match away from meeting Nadal... so who knows...
*Everyone that he drew/could possibly play*

·
Registered
8,232 Posts
Trying to look at it from a neutral point of view it might be more interesting now Murray has withdrawn?

I wonder if Murray's domination of clay was getting boring for non-clayray fans?

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
As I previously mentioned, neither had a shot at winning this so it doesn't matter - let the real clay professionals handle it from here on out

·
Administrator
6,247 Posts
It would have been very interesting if Murray somehow did make it to late stages and was able to keep competing at the same level as Madrid, but I think most people were just waiting to see at what point he burned out rather than expecting him to do much damage here, which isn't that interesting.

I don't like Fognini but it would've been interesting for him to go further. He would have probably just flopped to Federer next round though so it is probably not much of a loss.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
:spit: Theses Murray threads.

·
23,796 Posts
Well a bit, especially Fognini's run, which could've been interesting if continued, especially the crowd was fun (respectful yet very supportive) and he has a good chance to possibly even reach the Finals (yes, maybe even against Federer IMO). Clayray though would be missed, but there is still RG to look forward too. Bellucci and Fognini today could've made some good stories today but wasn't able to materialize. Hope for a good Nadal-Wawrinka match, maybe see Nishikori having a good chance against a seemingly power hitting struggling Djokovic.

·
Registered
596 Posts

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
These Murraytards are becoming insufferable indeed.

:facepalm:

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Maybe for you. Even when winning, Murray is incredible boring and Rome only gained with his withdrawal :p

1 - 20 of 30 Posts