Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not watching the match, i am elsewhere but i am looking online, it seems like he is struggling, is he or is Rochus making crazy shots?He just got by a tie-breaker, up 2 sets.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
He is not playing his best game, couple with ollie playing his very best game. ollie is really playing very well, taking most of the chances and initially Roger's bh was misfiring a lot --he's picked it up. And most importantly, even with all the relative languidity he is up 2 sets to love

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
mitalidas said:
He is not playing his best game, couple with ollie playing his very best game. ollie is really playing very well, taking most of the chances and initially Roger's bh was misfiring a lot --he's picked it up. And most importantly, even with all the relative languidity he is up 2 sets to love
That sums it up!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Still, I thoroughly enjoy watching Rochus play in the context of a Grand Slam - he's been playing really well tonight (though obviously losing), slightly reminiscent of his fabulous match-up with Safin at this year's Australian Open. Truly crowd-pleasing.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Ollie is just playing awesome, too bad he is playing against Fed.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
gillian said:
Was Roger playing similiarly at the same point in the USO last year?
honestly, i only remember he played baghdatis and got a walkover from someone, then I dont remember who he played until tim --which i watched in the stadium-- and then lleyton
by the time he played tim (sf's) he was in his zone. so zoned, that i thought he wouldn't be able to maintain so much focus for his final. then he goes and delivers some bagels

·
Registered
248 Posts
Was Roger playing similiarly at the same point in the USO last year?
I honestly think he's playing more or less the same way. Last year he lost a set to Baghdatis in the 2nd round, and played a couple of tight sets against Santoro in the third round. He had a walkover then, and he didn't play his best against Agassi, but won anyway. He played very well against Henman and Hewitt in the semis and finals, respectively.

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
amierin said:
Roger hasn't been moving well for a long time. FO where he went down he didn't look right. Wimby which he won because he was playing Roddick he still didn't look right.

Then again he could be playing rope-a-dope. Who knows?
Are you serious? :lol:

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
amierin said:
Roger hasn't been moving well for a long time. FO where he went down he didn't look right. Wimby which he won because he was playing Roddick he still didn't look right.

Then again he could be playing rope-a-dope. Who knows?
:haha: :lol:

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
It is called 2nd set blues and it affects Roger from time to time. He did redeem himself in the 3rd so no worries...

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a ? for some of the fellow americans, arent ya caught up with the homerism of these U.S players, seriously?It seems like all the attention has gone to that.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts