Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's the youngest guy in top10 and not not just serve, anymore. He reached a final Masters and nearly another one yesterday. His offensive FH is a real weapon and, in last months, he's really improved his return. Recently, he's far from hopeless in his return games and wins many points as agrresive baseliner. He seems sensible and full of self-control and isn't a choker.

He may never be no.1, but he's a talented guy, doing well and deserving respect, esp. as the rest of young guns like Tomic, Dimitrov, or Janowicz are clearly less successful.

On the other side, there's ridiculous hype over mediocre player like Gulbis, who's few years older, can't get further than 2nd round in Slams and never was in top10.

argument.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Thanks to MaratandMilos he isn't

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
It's obviously Nadal. Been reading about how shit of a player he is on MTF for years and yet he seems to win a lot :confused:

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
along with Dimitrov...yes

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
He has turned a corner at the end 2013. Its apparent most of MTF doesn't watch him that's why they were surprised by what they saw.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Maybe he is. On the other hand Gulbis hype is something i just don't get. Good player but nothing really special. Also disgusting person with annoying attitude. Also spoiled brat with rich parents. So everything i hate in a person. Except for his country fellows from Latvia i don't get how can you be his fan.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
nishikori

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
It's obviously Nadal. Been reading about how shit of a player he is on MTF for years and yet he seems to win a lot :confused:
LOL funny but actually true. Seems like he is so bad he is going to lose all matches and even when he is favourite and wins, he always plays bad and anti-tennis and yet the guy is already 13-time slam winner and currrent numeber 1 of the world. I wonder how other guys play. Must be club level. :confused:

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Not sure, but his acting skills are underrated.

Before he reinvented himself with his James Dean lock.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No, my friend. Nadal is treated as the Big Black Wolf. His haters actually agree that he has a shot at winning every tournament he enters. That's why they shake with fear, in case Djokovic bombs out early, as they believe only he can be a serious threat to Evil Moonballer's Anti-tennis.

In case of Raonic, people treat his as just a mediocre servebot, who won't do anything significant.

·
Registered
13,451 Posts
He has turned a corner at the end 2013. Its apparent most of MTF doesn't watch him that's why they were surprised by what they saw.
Yeah, it's been funny to read all the comments. Today's level was no big surprise to anybody who watches him play regularly. Of course, there aren't many here who watch him at all (it often seems like his many haters have never even seen him play a match the way they talk about him).

I don't know if he's the most "underrated" on MTF, but he definitely hasn't gotten the recognition for his accomplishments and potential that some others do.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts