Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Yeah Nole came out with a focused gameplan to be more aggressive and attack second serves and it worked. Should give him confidence for the FO. Nadal, as usual, was clueless when his opponent played well.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
I don't think Rafa's game is slowing down. Djokovic can simply handle Nadal better than anybody else on the tour. Novak doesn't have any weaknesses, so there is nothing Rafa can expose. It's been like that since 2007 with Novak's mental farts in between.

Watch their matches in Miami and Montreal back in 2007, Cinci 2009 ... Nole just sucked in 2009/10.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
6 months ago he was unstoppable now he's declined? :confused: I don't buy it. It's not the first time nole has kicked nadal butt so I don't really get the purpose of this thread.

Personally I don't think either one of them is playing as well as say 2-3 years ago.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,199 Posts
6 months ago he was unstoppable now he's declined? :confused: I don't buy it. It's not the first time nole has kicked nadal butt so I don't really get the purpose of this thread.

Personally I don't think either one of them is playing as well as say 2-3 years ago.
This, though Nole still has some insane patches of play.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts

Rafa is serving like shit compared to canada/cincy/USO. The problem of rafa vs nole is that when he isnt serving decently he has to put every point of his service game on dispute, and nole is the right player on the court capable to outgrind him. If rafa could serve anything close to the north american swing in 2013 he still would be beating nole. Rafa playing without serve still challenges nole, who on the other hand usually get tons of free points on his service game due to his stronger serve which make him less vulnerable than rafa.

Some might say rafa serve has never been one of his stronger allies, but he is serving worse than average.. And the comparison is even more ridiculous if you compare to himselfto canada/cinci 2013... Let alone USO 2010..

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Nadal's movement to the BH was horrible after AO 11. He has compensated for this with better placement from his forehand.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts

QFT.

Still, you're wrong. According to some tards, Nadal declined one month after North American hard-court swing :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
QFT.

Still, you're wrong. According to some tards, Nadal declined one month after North American hard-court swing :rolleyes:
He did, specially his serve. ros also decreased, for the rest not so much.

·
10,284 Posts
Agreed on the serve bit.

His serve has definitely declined since 2013. For those who actually watched RG 2013 SF, you would know that Rafa's serve was incredibly clutch and monumental in his win.

There were some opportunities for break points for Novak, but Nadal would pull an ace out of no where and end up winning the game.

Honestly this is where he has declined the most. Well that and his ROS is just poop nowadays :eek:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
This, though Nole still has some insane patches of play.
True

Rafa is serving like shit compared to canada/cincy/USO. The problem of rafa vs nole is that when he isnt serving decently he has to put every point of his service game on dispute, and nole is the right player on the court capable to outgrind him. If rafa could serve anything close to the north american swing in 2013 he still would be beating nole. Rafa playing without serve still challenges nole, who on the other hand usually get tons of free points on his service game due to his stronger serve which make him less vulnerable than rafa.

Some might say rafa serve has never been one of his stronger allies, but he is serving worse than average.. And the comparison is even more ridiculous if you compare to himselfto canada/cinci 2013... Let alone USO 2010..
Yes cause nadal was serving bombs during that time:eek: the only time nadal really served Really GREAT was 2010 USO

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
True

Yes cause nadal was serving bombs during that time:eek: the only time nadal really served Really GREAT was 2010 USO
Nadal was serving great all throughout the American hard court swing last Summer/Autumn. Not sure how you can even dispute that.

·
10,284 Posts
True

He wasn't serving bombs like 2010, but his serve was pretty fantastic during the 2013 US swing. It was incredibly clutch and generated plenty of pace and spin and really lifted his game to the next level.

I also wonder how much of this """"Change of Guard"""" is mental and not physical. Novak seems like 2014 WTF focused again, while Rafa seems rattled.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Nadal was serving great all throughout the American hard court swing last Summer/Autumn. Not sure how you can even dispute that.
Am not disputing it. I'm saying speed wise he's not serving any differently. and he actually got like 70% 1st serve in against nole in rome.

Also the way blueclay is making it sound like "his serve is the reason he lost" like he's karlovic or something.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Well, Rafa is not as fast as he once was anymore, but that's about it imo. Though his serve so far in 2014 is nowhere near as good as it was last year. Not so far at least.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Djokovic is obviously not a better play than, say, 2011, (odd question to ask) but obviously Nadal probably is slowing down a bit. that said, Djokovic played very well in the Rome final. I don't think anyone could have beaten him with how he played the last few sets but it's nothing to freak out about on either end of the spectrum.

·
Banned
9,580 Posts
Not better than in 2011, when he was mentally ill enough to chat with dimwit John McEnroe and got distracted by fognini's refusal to go forward at the French open?

Keep making yourself feel better by claiming he got lucky with 7 titles in a short span, despite injury, on different surfaces.
Courts are Too slow for slow smug ballerina Feddy....too bad, fed fantranny!
When did fedgreederer beat legendary healthy multislam winners on different surfaces?

Fed the goat of arrogance smirks when injured players give up.
Meanwhile, he showed up to not try his best against journeymen as well as multislam champs.
0-6 French open final for Feddy, then a year later, he got easy shit luck at the fluke 2009 French open.
What a joke your fed is. Boring as usual. Old as dirt since 2007 and proud of breeding twins to bow down and worship him.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts