Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's easy for Nadal to beat Federer, he just needs to target Fed's backhand with high bouncing forehands.

Peak Djokovic who doesn't spread lots of UE errors(unlike at RG-12/13/14) is a player without weaknesses, so what Novak's element could be exploited by Nadal if there's any?:yeah:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
It's easy for Nadal to beat Federer, he just needs to target Fed's backhand with high bouncing forehands.

Peak Djokovic who doesn't spread lots of UE errors(unlike at RG-12/13/14) is a player without weaknesses, so what Novak's element could be exploited by Nadal if there's any?:yeah:
Let's see...

Who won in the last 4 GS matches Nadal and Djokovic played? :facepalm:

/Endthread

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Even Djokovic's smashes have improved, what is Nadal gonna do????
HAHAHA. This thread is too funny. Unintended comedy gold. :superlol:

Djoker doesn't even know you should wait for a ball to bounce out before you touch it with your racket. You call that improvement? :spit:

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Nadal to use his newly acquired Jedi powers that uses a ball trajectory bender ... it looks like the ball is going out of court but instead it drops just on the line.
I do it all the time at Table Tennis and emailed Nadal full instructions on how to use it. I have also added a bit about one weakness of Nole no one has spotted.

Sorry cant give it out here coz I know Becker scours this site regularly for potential information he can use for Nole and against Rafa !

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
Well, one of them is winning 17+ Slams, the other isn't. Argument?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Nadal to use his newly acquired Jedi powers that uses a ball trajectory bender ... it looks like the ball is going out of court but instead it drops just on the line.
I do it all the time at Table Tennis and emailed Nadal full instructions on how to use it. I have also added a bit about one weakness of Nole no one has spotted.

Sorry cant give it out here coz I know Becker scours this site regularly for potential information he can use for Nole and against Rafa !
"Use the Forehand, Luke". - Toni-Wan Kenobi ;)

Reactions: Andrej

·
Registered
11,737 Posts
So you're basically saying peak Djokovic was only in 2011 and 2015. And if he loses this year, only 2011.

Tards gonna tard.

Anyway... Djokovic won 3 Slams in a row against Nadal, all finals. And then what happened? Nadal won the next 4 Slams meetings, including 3 finals, including a Slam on Djokovic's supposed best surface, all while Djokovic was 100% healthy and Rafa was injured for months and months. If that's not 'figuring Djokovic out', then I don't know what it is.

If there is one player that it's great at figuring others out, it's Nadal. Even Federer can't.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
"Use the Forehand, Luke". - Toni-Wan Kenobi ;)
There is no escape. Don't make me destroy you. Rafael, you do not yet realize your importance. You've only begun to discover your power. Join me, and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict, and bring order to the galaxy.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
So you're basically saying peak Djokovic was only in 2011 and 2015. And if he loses this year, only 2011.

Tards gonna tard.

Anyway... Djokovic won 3 Slams in a row against Nadal, all finals. And then what happened? Nadal won the next 4 Slams meetings, including 3 finals, including a Slam on Djokovic's supposed best surface, all while Djokovic was 100% healthy while Rafa was injured for months and months. If that's not 'figuring Djokovic out', I don't know what it is.
This, basically.

Djokovic is an oportunistic champion, meaning he peaked at the exact point in time he needed to peak. Had he peaked 3-4 years earlier, with peak Federer on HC and peak Nadal on clay, and their great form on grass, he wouldn't be sitting on 8 Slam titles. No way.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
There is no escape. Don't make me destroy you. Rafael, you do not yet realize your importance. You've only begun to discover your power. Join me, and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict, and bring order to the galaxy.
Chills down the spine. :worship:

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

Tards gonna tard.

Anyway... Djokovic won 3 Slams in a row against Nadal, all finals. And then what happened? Nadal won the next 4 Slams meetings, including 3 finals, including a Slam on Djokovic's supposed best surface, all while Djokovic was 100% healthy and Rafa was injured for months and months. If that's not 'figuring Djokovic out', then I don't know what it is.
In 2012 Djokovic took a break for almost whole season after winning 4 of the last 5 majors. In 2013 Nole wasn't looking motivated enough losing to tier 3 players like Haas, Dimitrov, Isner...2014 season was spoiled by wrist-injury, wedding, new coach(AO-14). 2015 year is Djokovic's second coming:wavey:

The point is anybody with a basic tennis sense knew that Djokovic would have beaten Nadal in RG-11 final, so the RG-15 QF will be just a repeat of what would have been in RG-11 final if Federer hasn't spoiled the party:yeah:

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
troll aside, obviously the key for Nadal is just mentally / physically breaking Novak in best of 5. that sounds vague but the reality is if Nadal fights for every point he is capable of tiring Novak out both mentally and physically, that is really the only way to exploit anything about Djokovic

there isn't really a shot to attack or a particular way to the play the points beyond just being gritty and, again, tiring Novak mentally and physically. that is what Nadal has done to Novak in the past at slams

Reactions: budala

·
Registered
645 Posts

Tards gonna tard.

Anyway... Djokovic won 3 Slams in a row against Nadal, all finals. And then what happened? Nadal won the next 4 Slams meetings, including 3 finals, including a Slam on Djokovic's supposed best surface, all while Djokovic was 100% healthy while Rafa was injured for months and months. If that's not 'figuring Djokovic out', I don't know what it is.
2012 RG, Nadal open strong, Djokovic turned around started demolishing Nadal, match gets suspended, Nadal beats Djokovic tomorrow. hm...
2013 RG, props to Nadal, well deserved victory
2013 USO, Djokovic in semis against Wawrinka who demolished Murray in QF, who got Djokovic to 5 sets in AO, and beat him in 5 sets in 2014... Nadal in SF against, who? was it Robredo? so its not like Djokovic was well rested and 100% healthy... and Rafa is always injured, i'm not sure why do you even mention that. when was the last time he wasnt injured? 2005? or 2008 maybe?
2014 RG, Novak was puking during the match..

just to be clear, props to Nadal for winning all those matches. i'm not taking anything from him. but its not like Novak was 100% in every match they played... Nadal was better in those matches. question is, is he better now? he might be, but he surely aint gonna win it by exploiting Novak's weaknesses, like he does against Federer, but rather running like crazy and grinding while staying 5m behind baseline.

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
troll aside, obviously the key for Nadal is just mentally / physically breaking Novak in best of 5. that sounds vague but the reality is if Nadal fights for every point he is capable of tiring Novak out both mentally and physically, that is really the only way to exploit anything about Djokovic

there isn't really a shot to attack or a particular way to the play the points beyond just being gritty and, again, tiring Novak mentally and physically. that is what Nadal has done to Novak in the past at slams
Good post. That's the only possible way for Nadal to win the match, although if Djokovic would be in AO-12 mode even this plan wouldn't work:yeah:

·
Registered
14,476 Posts
In 2012 Djokovic took a break for almost whole season after winning 4 of the last 5 majors. In 2013 Nole wasn't looking motivated enough losing to tier 3 players like Haas, Dimitrov, Isner...2014 season was spoiled by wrist-injury, wedding, new coach(AO-14). 2015 year is Djokovic's second coming:wavey:

The point is everybody with basic tennis sense knew that Djokovic would have beaten Nadal in RG-11 final, so the RG-15 QF will be just a repeat of what would have been in RG-11 final if Federer hasn't spoiled the party:yeah:

OMG :help:

·
Registered
569 Posts

The point is everybody with basic tennis sense knew that Djokovic would have beaten Nadal in RG-11 final, so the RG-15 QF will be just a repeat of what would have been in RG-11 final if Federer hasn't spoiled the party:yeah:

:lol: :smash:
In other words Djokovic has never lost because his opponent played better than him, :worship:

1 - 20 of 114 Posts