Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been said that he never lost serve whilist serving for the set or match. Tennis historian Bud Collins in an August 2006 article for MSNBC.com said this: "If I had to choose someone to play for my life, it would be Pancho Gonzales".

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
It has been said that he never lost serve whilist serving for the set or match. Tennis historian Bud Collins in an August 2006 article for MSNBC.com said this: "If I had to choose someone to play for my life, it would be Pancho Gonzales".
He certainly was one of the mentally strongest, and greatest players of all time whether the fact stated in entirely true or not.

·
Premium Member
62,012 Posts
Who are you asking? Has anyone in here actually seen him play? Difficult to compare. There are no recorded stats over how many times he lost serve while serving for set or match, to compare with how many times he lost serve in general.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Who are you asking? Has anyone in here actually seen him play? Difficult to compare. There are no recorded stats over how many times he lost serve while serving for set or match, to compare with how many times he lost serve in general.
Well, this. Even as an old fart I have never watched his matches (only stuff I can find on youtube). It is impossible to say this or that. There are some great stories about him on the net.

Here is an interesting documentary.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
I have never seen him play. So can't really answer. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
The guy reached SF in RG at 40 YEARS OF AGE!!

(And here Fedtards whine when Fed reached W Final at 32 and 33 years of age)

·
Premium Member
62,012 Posts
The guy reached SF in RG at 40 YEARS OF AGE!!

(And here Fedtards whine when Fed reached W Final at 32 and 33 years of age)
You have completely missed what this thread is about, please stay on topic. Longevity and mental strength are two different things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts