Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He always the best baseline game of all time but now his net play has improved beyond sight as well. His serve is arguably the best on tour today in terms of variety and Nole's movement is unparalleled. Is he the most versatile player around today? I'll go out on a limb and say he is arguably the most versatile player since Rod Laver.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Did you lose a bet again?

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
After many fangirl mails I had to answer the guy. 17-6-302 is now officialy one of us. Welcome, but don't think one sensible post is enough to convince me.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Let's see if he wins anymore slams this year, because he hasn't had a multiple-slam year since 2011 :eek:
These are supposed to be his prime years....
If they again put Murray, Nishikori, Wawrinka in Djokovic's half as at rigged USO'14 then it will be difficult.

But if they e.g. put Wawrinka and Nishikori in his half but Murray in Fedal's like at the last AO, he would be a clear favourite again.

Even better, let's put Djokovic and Federer together at AO'16 and USO'15 as was always the case during Peakerer's 2008-2011 and Nadal, Wawrinka, Murray in other half at HC slam.

I know it is impossibility 'cause Wawrinka can only play Fedal at Wimb and RG, whereas HC Stanimal is reserved at AO/USO only for Djokovic since 2012, while Federer is reserved for Nadal's half at AO/USO 'cause he is no HC Peakerer anymore and Nike, Kia, TVs, Slams etc. want one of Fedal in the finals.

So, the difference between Fedal's prime years and Djokovic'prime years is that Fedal are still awarded the easiest slam draws possible as when they were no.1 and Djokovic despite being no.1 the most difficult ones as their biggest rival, no matter RG,W,USO.

·
Registered
27,280 Posts
Third most, behind Haas and Murray.

Reactions: ProdigyEng

·
Registered
4,667 Posts

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
I know the OP is probably trolling but come on :facepalm: he's a fantastic defensive stretch grinding dude who can do most everything in tennis quite well- but most variety? mediocre at net, not comfortable hitting drop shots regularly (except for in extremely 'duh' moments), only has one type of game blocking on the baseline (and occasionally attacking from the baseline but there is limited variety in it when he does do that)

I'm not sure who would be the most 'versatile' these days. certainly not Murray, Federer, Nadal, Djokovic. years ago 100% it would be Roger, but unfortunately he has declined a bit and seems uncomfortable with a lot of his netplay and mixing up ball placement when compared with the past

it might be someone absolutely random to be honest. Nishikori maybe? he mixes things up for sure sometimes. its honestly hard to pick when thinking of the top guys, because the top 10 is certainly not full of 'variety'. a number of guys who either grind or (at this point in their careers) bash from the baseline (Berdych)

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
I know the OP is probably trolling but come on :facepalm: he's a fantastic defensive stretch grinding dude who can do most everything in tennis quite well- but most variety? mediocre at net, not comfortable hitting drop shots regularly (except for in extremely 'duh' moments), only has one type of game blocking on the baseline (and occasionally attacking from the baseline but there is limited variety in it when he does do that)

I'm not sure who would be the most 'versatile' these days. certainly not Murray, Federer, Nadal, Djokovic. years ago 100% it would be Roger, but unfortunately he has declined a bit and seems uncomfortable with a lot of his netplay and mixing up ball placement when compared with the past

it might be someone absolutely random to be honest. Nishikori maybe? he mixes things up for sure sometimes. its honestly hard to pick when thinking of the top guys, because the top 10 is certainly not full of 'variety'. a number of guys who either grind or (at this point in their careers) bash from the baseline (Berdych)
Isn't that practically the definition of versatility? Being able to doing everything well?

Aside from that I was more or less with you until you mentioned Nishikori as being versatile...All of the Big 4 are far more versatile than Kei, and that's coming from someone who likes Nishikori.

·
Registered
668 Posts

How exactly does Kei mix things up?

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Trolling thread. Lock it. Ban OP.

Reactions: RocketMan70

·
6,614 Posts
The real question is - does he have to be?
Novak only really needs to play to his strengths, and that is normally enough to get him over the line.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts