Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soderling then Stan the man.

Both from decent to top player when working with Magnus.

A shame Martina Hingis ruined Magnus' own career

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Hard to say, but considering how much better these two guys got after receiving his coaching he certainly deserves some votes.

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
He just pick the best pupils with great potentials but have had problems between two ears for so many years.

Both Soder and Wawa have all the shots but lacking something upstairs and he was able to put them in the right balance.

Mind master.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,200 Posts
He just pick the best pupils with great potentials but have had problems between two ears for so many years.

Both Soder and Wawa have all the shots but lacking something upstairs and he was able to put them in the right balance.

Mind master.
This. :worship:

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
of course he is after what he did to wawrinka...

·
Registered
13,392 Posts
Verdasco should've hired him ages ago.

·
Registered
21,234 Posts
The best coaches are those we don't hear of, who are working in small clubs, or even academies around the world who have extensive technical knowledge, enough of which to turn children who don't know how to hold a racket into something or someone who is viewed as a special talent some years down the line.

We have absolutely no idea what kind of coach Magnus Norman is, all we can assume from his recent jobs is that he is somewhat of a good motivator.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
These best coach/wife/trainer threads are indeed a bit hilarious

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
I think he's definitely one of the best - if not THE best - coaches on the top level of the tour right now. I can't judge as to "ever", as I'm not old enough to know most of the coaches in tennis history. ;)

·
Registered
915 Posts
Norman is awesome! :yeah:

Two of his star pupils - SoderKing and Stanimal both took out Nadal just as he was about to set more records - SoderKing stopped Nadal from winning 5 in a row at RG in 09, and Stanimal stopped Nadal from winning 2 of each slam at AO this year.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Suspected he was good when Soderling took Nadal to the shed at RG.

And after seeing Wawrinka's mental fortitude turnaround then it was clear.

Magnus has shown he can erase the demons of the mind and replace it with supreme confidence.

These players, Soderling and Wawrinka, both already had the skills but tennis is won between the ears if all else is there.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Suspected he was good when Soderling took Nadal to the shed at RG.

And after seeing Wawrinka's mental fortitude turnaround then it was clear.

Magnus has shown he can erase the demons of the mind and replace it with supreme confidence.

These players, Soderling and Wawrinka, both already had the skills but tennis is won between the ears if all else is there.
Given that Stan's already 29, I wonder who Magnus might transform next... I hope he coaches for decades more.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
when he takes around 250 in the rankings guy and takes him to top50 then maybe ...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts