• No

Votes: 81 73.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After an impressive 2014, I thought Nishikori will step up this season and challenge the top guys. But so far:
- he lost to Botnic
- got crushed by *rinka
- is struggling to beat mugs like Harrison, Krajicek & Querrey

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
:lol:

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Shitori is extremely overrated. He's not done, but his proper level is something like QF of a slam with rare semis. Like rank 5-8.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I hope so, the hype is getting annoying

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
What hype :superlol: All i see is morons like parasatic fuckface whining about how he's lucky and overhyped.Show me where this hype is i'm sick of people on here claiming he's overhyped when he gets nothing.
People genuinely think that Shitori will win multiple slams. Assuming my read on his level is correct - he is extremely overhyped. His stint in USA last year could well be the closest he ever got to a slam, and he still threw it away in embarrassing fashion.

·
Registered
868 Posts
What hype :superlol: All i see is morons like parasatic fuckface whining about how he's lucky and overhyped.Show me where this hype is i'm sick of people on here claiming he's overhyped when he gets nothing.
All he's done is beat david ferrer 5 times in a row..not a big achievement at all
He's 25 and has just one good tournament and maybe madrid last year where he got unlucky

·
Registered
17,341 Posts
Way too early for these types of threads. And Memphis is a 250. Who cares about 250s? :lol: (especially when we're assessing the capabilities of a slam contender)

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
No they don't, no one has ever said he will win multiple slams. Some people think he may get 1 which is a fair assumption as he is good enough to win 1 no matter what you say. And seriously you need to stop spouting this crap the guy has done nothing to you so you have no reason to hate him. I hate raonic, nadal and ferrer personally because they are disgusting human beings who have disgraced tennis with their existence and should be banned. You dont have a good reason to hate kei personally so stop.
What makes you think that he will even win one slam? Don't take anything away from the Novak victory last year, as he was at like 30%. Has Shitori even had ONE impressive victory at all?

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Mod's :zzz: yet a-bloody-gain. Is Nishikori done? He went to play Memphis because he wanted to break a record by winning the title 3 times in a row.

Get over it.

Quit being elitist muppets and Slade, you are becoming old fast. Stop spending all your time hating on Nishikori now that Nadal is useless.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Why don't you just have a shave and stop bloody trolling man? You are pissing me off!
Trolling is for children. I really feel that there is a dissonance in the level of Nishikori according to most posters on MTF, and his true level. In my heart I feel that Shitori just doesn't have what it takes to be a slam winner. His shotmaking isn't fantastic as Lenders says, because anyone can hit the ball that hard - he hits way too many errors, his serve sucks, he lacks the warrior's heart, etc.

If people stop saying he's going to be a threat for slams in the near future, then I wouldn't say a word. That's why these threads are needed. I can't think of anybody on MTF more overrated than Kei.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Nishikori is surely overrated, I always said that, but OP is a joker making a thread asking if he's done in February. :haha:

Kei is surely a good player for those FACT/FICTION articles the ESPN love to make in other sports like NBA or NFL.

Here is my opinion on 5 statements people love to make here on Nishikori.

HE FAKES INJURIES, FACT OR FICTION?
I'd say FACT, his behavior is surely Nadal's like it, calling trainers every single match he's danger of losing.

HE IS GONNA WIN A SLAM, FACT OR FICTION?
I'd say FICTION, he lost his golden chance in the USO, losing to the final to a player he was expected to beat. He's probably winning a couple M1000.

HE IS GONNA BE A CONSISTENT TOP 10 PLAYER, FACT OR FICTION?
I'd say FACT, he has enough game for being there for a while.

HE IS AN ELITE RETURNER, FACT OR FICTION?
I'd say FICTION, he is a good one, an agressive 2nd serve returner specially, but not elite. Take too many aces he shouldn't take, nets too many 1st serves trying to be agressive when he shouldn't, has trouble reading variety.

HE IS A SHOTMAKER, FACT OR FICTION?
I'd say FICTION, he is a guy molded via robotic style of play by Bollettieri. He takes the ball early and has strokes who are tough to read, but his strokes usually doesn't have much pace.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Kei has one of the best backhand, drop shot and lob in tennis.
He doesn't fake injuries. Last time he used MTO vs Chardy in Tokyo, when he was leading with double break in 2nd set.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
This is stupid. And subjective. Who give you right to say what is fact or fiction?

[redacted]
Of course it's subjective,. It's my opinion. Mine, yours, every opinion is subjective. :shrug:

Kei has one of the best backhand (1) , drop shot (2) and lob in tennis (3).
He doesn't fake injuries. Last time he used MTO vs Chardy in Tokyo, when he was leading with double break in 2nd set.
Yes for (1), no for (2) and doesn't matter for (3).

1 - 20 of 105 Posts