Mens Tennis Forums banner

Nishikori: second best Claycourter in the world today?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With Nadal looking like a shell of his former imperious self and Wawrinka embarrassing unravelling on his once favorite surface after MC'14, i would say Kei is definitely the second best player on the red dirt....Back-to-back Barcelona titles and injury seriously costing him Madrid title in the Final last year + deep run @ RG..In 2015,he has even looked better on clay than during HC swing (Jan-March)..

·
Registered
695 Posts
By the looks of it, Nadal is gonna need lube vs Nishikori.

Kei reminds me of early Djokovic's game, aggresive shotmaking at its finest, tho less error prone than Djokovic was, partly due controlled aggression.

·
Registered
12,226 Posts
absolutely .. and their QF match in Rome will be final before final :sad:

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Nishikori is just so unproven consistently on clay. how can you take one tournament on clay and use it as an average example for Nishikori? I mean come onnn

·
Registered
14,199 Posts
Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Can we wait till Rome is over at least? We still have a lot of matches to come.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Nishikori is the best claycourter in Spain but as far as I know Nadal is still the French Open title holder. What is sure is that he can be spoken of in the same sentence as Djokovic and Nadal. He seems ahead of Berdych and Murray but anything can happen tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
The best clay courter is the holder of the FO. Always.

·
6,747 Posts
Nishikori just beats an older, and inferior version of himself and he is a clay court guru?
He is about 5th favourite imo for the big one, and probably on a par with Wawrinka.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts