#freeviktor
93,847 Posts
Of course.

Variety is the spice of life. :)

And everyone likes a bad boy. Except for maybe Grosjean. :angel:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Kiefer is a complete prick. I saw him in Cincy this year, watched him on the practice courts, some kids wanted his autograph, there was only two kids, rather than give the kids an autograph he looked disgusted found something in his bag and threw it at them and kept walking, did not even acknowledge or look at the kids.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I don't like Kiefer but he's a net positive for tennis. people react to his behaviour and tennis needs some bad boys. speaking objectively as a straight man i'd say he's a pretty good looking bloke as well and we know that always helps.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Kiefer is beautiful. His game is as well, too. That's why I'm a fan (his game, not his looks :eek: ).

His attitude and demeanor, eh whatever, I just like watching the dude play. Plus he can actually, LOL, volley. It's nice to see someone with a bit of variety in his game. Tennis, to me, is more interesting with him, regardless of his controversies.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
He is good for tennis why not?

As it was pointed out he has a very nice game and style of play. He has very good court sense, is a very able tennis player,is very crafty, has great hands and tends to over use drop volleys; but he is quite comfortable at net. It is a joy to see someone so comfortable at net in this day of baseline tennis being the norm.

I don't think Kiefer is a genuinely mean or bad person, well at least that's not the impression that I get from him. He sure is a gritty, rather exotic player on court with his antics and fiery nature. Nonetheless, I would find it hard for him to be genuinely mean.

Then again I have only met in person one tennis player and that was the great Navratilova at last years US OPEN, she was very cordial at first and then got a bit dry after I made a comment to her about Hingis not playing doubles with her. Nevertheless in general she seemed quite nice and willing to sign the autographs while the line was a couple of kilometers long. he he he.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I don't like Kiefer but he's a net positive for tennis. people react to his behaviour and tennis needs some bad boys. speaking objectively as a straight man i'd say he's a pretty good looking bloke as well and we know that always helps.
Oh come one....YOU WANT HIM, don't even fight it man!

·
Ace Loveforty
83,407 Posts

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
His practically a non-entity these days dosent get too far in slams or AMS's so his bad attitude just makes him look sad and pathetic...he should just retire!

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
His practically a non-entity these days dosent get too far in slams or AMS's so his bad attitude just makes him look sad and pathetic...he should just retire!
First, you forgot about his great run in Madrid and the players against whom he lost in other big tourneys, secondly, what does the character of a person has to do with his success on the court? :confused: You make it sound, like he's another Gaudio who loses every first round match nowadays. :D
And what kind of bad attitude are we talking about? Did I miss anything in those past weeks? :)

Before we bash a player we don't like, we should give him a few more months, since he has been injured for such a long time.

Other than that, I can just agree that a little bit spice is important in tennis. In the past I really didn't like Hewitt. Does that mean that I didn't want to see him on court. Hell no.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't like the guy but I suppose he can exist in tennis. Maybe I'm just not informed but I have't really heard of anything scandalous or blatantly inappropriate about him other than his attitude on the court. And he doesn't really completely suck at the game, so yeah, he can play and I'll just root for the other guy.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
First, you forgot about his great run in Madrid and the players against whom he lost in other big tourneys, secondly, what does the character of a person has to do with his success on the court? :confused: You make it sound, like he's another Gaudio who loses every first round match nowadays. :D
And what kind of bad attitude are we talking about? Did I miss anything in those past weeks? :)

Before we bash a player we don't like, we should give him a few more months, since he has been injured for such a long time.

Other than that, I can just agree that a little bit spice is important in tennis. In the past I really didn't like Hewitt. Does that mean that I didn't want to see him on court. Hell no.
Like i send non-entity I barely register him....i dont dislike him i just think when your known for your bad attitude and not your good play you should retire. If he turns it around - fair enough

1 - 20 of 22 Posts