·
Registered
3,158 Posts
for tennis's sake: I hope so.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
for tennis's sake: I hope so.
I agree. It was monotonous last years : Fed and Nadal, Nadal and Fed on GS tournaments. I hope we will have new GS title winner next year - Nalbandjan, Djokovic or someone else, it does not matter to me . I started watching tennis in late 80-ies and I think it was more interesting in the end of the 1980-ies and in the beginning of the 1990-ies. Edberg,Becker, Lendl,Wilander, Courier, Stich, wonderboy Chang,young Sampras winning his first big title in 1990, McEnroe was still in the picture. Tennis needs more stars than just 2 and the best way to become a star is to win GS tournament( better two, three or five:))

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
i think yes and i think he will contend for the french open with other players and more clay court titles
For me the way he plays now he is number 2 contender for AO 2008. Of course if he can maintain the form. The surface suits him there , just I am not sure how quick it will be .

I think the reason he is playing so well is enormous improvement of his 1 serve, which is giving him enough confidence to play his killing ground strokes .

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Hopefully yes. It has been rather irritating watching him have spells of great form and then suddenly he disappears into obscurity. I want to see some longterm consistency from him.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
If his coach can focus him on tennis for a whole season, and doesn't let him go play golf or watching rally, then I think he is going to play like that next year :D

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Yes, I hope he will. But Tough to say

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Firstly, I really hope he is fully concentrated on tennis next year. He will still be a big threat if he is.

However, you must remember that even if he is fully concentrated Nalbandian is in a very rich vein of form right now. He could remain on a good level but it is not going to happen that he plays like this forever evn if he is focused and playing good he cannot consistently play as well as this just as Roger was never going to keep up his TMC '06/AO '07 form.

I see him playing good and maybve starting great but no chance that he'll play like this for a lot longer, no player has even kept up their very best for that long and Nalbandian won't buck the trend.

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts
I think that Nalbandian will make it to the TMC next year but that is as far as im willing to predict... and it is a pretty conservative prediction. I give him chances at the Australian and perhaps Wimbledon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts