Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy is unbelievable.

After so many years of the most physical brand of tennis ever witnessed Nadal still dominates anyone when it comes to physical stamina.And tennis is one of the most physically demanding sports.

He still chasing down everything, defending like a wall and fighting for every point. You literally have to hit 5-6 winners against him on clay to win a point. No wonder he is so hard to beat over 5 sets on clay. I understand that his mental toughness and fighting spirit has a lot to do with it but you can't do that unless you have GOAT level of fitness.

So is Rafa Nadal the Fittest Athlete Ever? :wavey:

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Yeah, either that or... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Nadal is a bodybuilder and a marathon runner at the same time. I dont understand how this is possible.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Djokovic has more stamina than him, won most of the 18+ shot rallies.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
no Backdal in the 4th set?
Did you watch the match till then?

again, his back will cause him problems come american HC season

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
He is serving at 180+ kmh average first serve speed today. Back injury? no way

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Not even close to peak Lance Armstrong. In running, peak Armstrong would have the advantage in loger distances starting from 400m.

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
Novak is fitter, 100%. he was starting to get the upper hand in the 4th and was clear favorite for the 5th.
Rafa on the other hand has incredible genes - just look at his father and his uncles. massive athletic genes, these guys are monsters

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Not even close to peak Lance Armstrong. In running, peak Armstrong would have the advantage in loger distances starting from 400m.
Nadal has more French Open titles than Armstrong's tour de france titles already. He is fitter

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
He didn't need to be very fit in order to win in 3/4 sets every match. He played a very poor clay season for his standards but peaked when it counts. Simply he is the most gifted player on clay ever.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Novak is fitter, 100%. he was starting to get the upper hand in the 4th and was clear favorite for the 5th.
Rafa on the other hand has incredible genes - just look at his father and his uncles. massive athletic genes, these guys are monsters
I heard Armstrong had amazing genes as well. And a big heart. true story.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Exactly the kind of thread that makes you want to puke. Tennis is nowhere near as physically demanding as cross country skiing, just to give an example (i would expect someone from Switzerland to know that by the way).

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
Juiced with ................ Fighting mode. Plus, playing with whatever cards he can come up with to win mental games.

Fittest on clay courts, the best ever, undisputed clay GOAT.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Nadal is a bodybuilder and a marathon runner at the same time. I dont understand how this is possible.
not really, he's lost a lot of muscle he used to have, probably deliberately, because it was so hard on his body to move all the weight around. his arms do not look big like they used to

·
Registered
593 Posts
Not only the fittest, the greatest athlete and human being mankind has ever had the pleasure to experience. A role model for young children dreaming of a better tomorrow. :worship:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts