Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Comparing Nadal's and Novak's level of play in their respective semis its pretty clear the Rafa has been the better player.

Yeah Murray was poor but you gotta give credit to Nadal. His forehand was on fire,overall solid consistent ground game.

Novak on the other hand wasn't feeling well in his match and had mental lapses at times.

So is Nadal the clear favorite for Sunday's final? Discuss :wavey:

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Of course Bald is the favorite, everyone bends over and chokes for him.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Who cares? Matches aren't won on paper. Nadal would probably prefer if everyone thought Nole was the favorite, anyway.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
If Novak plays badly, Nadal will probably win. I say probably because even playing like shit last year he should have won but I have a feeling he will choke this one too and this will be another boring, NIDal final.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I've said it many times before, if Rafa plays aggressive tennis, he should win on Clay. You can't afford to be passive against someone like Djokovic.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Dull's been incredibly lucky so far.

In 2011 Fed did the dirty work for him
In 2012 Rain delay and next day saved his arse
In 2013 that stupid net-cord gave him the trophy

If his luck runs out, he gets roasted in 4

·
Banned
3,862 Posts
Comparing Nadal's and Novak's level of play in their respective semis its pretty clear the Rafa has been the better player.

Yeah Murray was poor but you gotta give credit to Nadal. His forehand was on fire,overall solid consistent ground game.

Novak on the other hand wasn't feeling well in his match and had mental lapses at times.

So is Nadal the clear favorite for Sunday's final? Discuss :wavey:
No.dull will be routined in 3 by Djoko King.

·
Registered
36,855 Posts
nole has this, its his year

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Before today, I thought no. But considering that Novak was sick, probably dealing with food poisoning, and Rafa so dominant, I think he is 65% 35% favorite now. If Nole drops a set to Gulbis, he will at least drop 2 to Rafa and probably more. So it's over. Rafa gets to 14 but let's hope this is the last one

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
He always is. Only Fedtards and Nadal haters deny it to comfort themselves.
He is always a different person in the second week of slam. ATP500/Masters' records have no referential value for him.

·
Registered
239 Posts
IMO, in the past 2 weeks, he's gone from SLIGHT FAVORITE to CLEAR FAVORITE, yes.... Never believed the oddsmakers... too many people in "flavour of the day" thinking mode... Yeah, Rafa didn't play at his best level this clay court season... but a slam is a slam, nothing to do with 500s or 1000s... this is a unique 2 week, best-of-5-athon beast of it's own.... :worship:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
MTF overreacting is NID. Few hours ago Nole was the undisputed winner, but now everything has changed?

Nole was never the biggest favourite to win it and even less NID to win it as most of oathetic users of MTF tried to say. But Nadal isn't a NID winner just because of both players perfomance of today. It will be a 51-49 for Nadal. And the 1% more, is because of the court that favours Nadal. But that could change to 51-49 for Nole if the court gets too heavy, with the rain falling on it.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Before today, I thought no. But considering that Novak was sick, probably dealing with food poisoning, and Rafa so dominant, I think he is 65% 35% favorite now. If Nole drops a set to Gulbis, he will at least drop 2 to Rafa and probably more. So it's over. Rafa gets to 14 but let's hope this is the last one
Your brain is the one who has been poisoned, but that's from the moment you born.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts