a freak of nature would be a one off

nadal is no borg imo

·
Banned
672 Posts

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Nole is faster, more flexible and hold his own better in the rallies rigth now than Rafa. This is the main reason because he is winning lately. He has improved drastically in his once main weakness. Other than this I don't see any other significant improvement in his game.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
I dunno.. Nadal may still show it this year. Hes not nearly the physical specimen he was in 2008-2010 years (And I think that hurt him vs Nole especially at the USO last year when he gassed out). The mileage has no doubt affected his freak or nature status. I expect Djoker to have more in the tank at this point. Hell, Nadal has 100,000 more miles on his body then Djoker does

Nadal showed glimpses of his old self last night. Especially on that insane get where he had that cross court angle FH

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Nadal is undoubtedly a freak of nature, Djokovic has never been, last year he just improved his physical lacks like intolerance to gluten and to heat but he never beat Nadal thanks to the physique, he won thanks to his technique, better backhand, more complete player, and thanks to his great anticipation of Nadal's shots. He made Nadal run more than the opposite.

Nadal was still better physically than him.

Besides, just look at them play live and it will be much more obvious who is the real freak of nature.

I even think Federer is more a freak of nature than Djokovic : the difference between them is the way they play : better backhand and better flexibility than Fed ; also Djokovic is now in peak period whereas Fed is old ; when Fed was young, he could also play 5 hours against Nadal on clay in Roma without real problems.

But the real "super-body" is Rafael Nadal ... even if he needed medical help from plasma blood to cure his knees.

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Ferrer is as much of a freak too just doesnt have a big forehand or serve.
Nadal is 10 times more powerful than Ferrer, Ferrer plays very lightly, it doesn't need the same energy at all.

But yes Ferrer can run even more than Djokovic, just doesn't have his flexibility in defense.

Nadal is the freak of nature number 1 in modern tennis, Federer is number 2.

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Beats Nadal in straight sets, in a day match, after Murray took him to a brutal 3hr+ epic 16 hours before. This was also his 3rd week playing in a row, winning Madrid and Belgrade before.

What's more, he didn't even look tired in the final.
Nadal ran everywhere in that Roma final, Djokovic ran much less.

Also this was the best moment of confidence from Djokovic, his best week of tennis whereas Nadal had completely lost confidence.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Nadal and Djokovic are both freakish physical specimen. But there isn't much "natural" about either of them at this point.. Nadal just figured the right cocktail of diet and nutrition far earlier than Djokovic did. Now that Novak has found something similar, he is also able to do what Nadal has done.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts