Mens Tennis Forums banner

Is Nadal the Mental GOAT?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This guy is declining in a heap...He is a shadow of his former self on Clay; playing at 40% of his capabilities and yet he is finding way to pull off these type of marathon wins when push comes to shove three days in a row...

Nobody comes close to me...Connors? Sampras?

·
Registered
593 Posts
You're insulting Nadal by even asking the question.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
YES HE HIS!!!

I've never seen in my entire life a warrior like him in ANY sport.

:worship:

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Nadal is the undisputed freak of nature GOAT. This guy can play back to back 5 setters without breaking a sweat or 3 hours 3 days in a row no problem. Only Egg 2.0 has come close to this level of stamina.

·
Registered
865 Posts
No matter he is goat or not, he already shows why he has 23-10 big gap record against Federer(the weak era goat), for so many times

·
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
11,399 Posts
:spit:

If by opponents choking or him outlasting them physically means he is the mental GOAT then yes (in reality no).

I would say though he is the marathon GOAT among tennis players. :worship:

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
I'd say more to do with the mental midgets that infest the modern era.
Yes like the mental gods of hewitt, Roddick and Safin, no?

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Personally I don't believe the mental thing since it is backed up by (physical) ability.
But I agree Nadal doesn't choke much and is never distracted by other things unlike some.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
for sure, obviously. he is a combination of the fittest player of all time along with the most mentally apt. he has the belief and the legs

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
It's easy to win points in tight situations when you take 0 risks and the surface is slow... Defensive players will always have the advantage in that regard...

And Dull is a frightened schoolgirl, he's shown it many times. Let him just have one crushing defeat, and he takes months to get over it! :spit:

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Yes, absolutely. He is man of steel.
No he isnt of steel, its all beacause his oponents, choke or have mono, all his wins are gifted.

Thats what I learn when reading the mtf tennis bible written by slade, jowilly and their fellow fedturd armada. :wavey::angel:

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nadal has declined from his Mental Peak, though: 2005-2009...The last of his epic mental performance was the Madrid SF'09 vs. Djokovic...Since then precisely the choke against Davydenko from match points in Doha'10, he started to mug it up very often while serving for sets and converting break points....But he still lead in that department by huge margin.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
It's easy to win points in tight situations when you take 0 risks and the surface is slow... Defensive players will always have the advantage in that regard...

And Dull is a frightened schoolgirl, he's shown it many times. Let him just have one crushing defeat, and he takes months to get over it! :spit:
You idiot. It's those important points where he really steps it up, where he just takes control. He rarely wins points with "moonballing" when his back is against the wall.

·
10,284 Posts
All these haters probably don't watch his matches. Murray has break point and Nadal hits an ace down the middle to save it. He has guts when it matters, specifically on all the big points.

He will pull out the Banana Forehand when it matters most. He just always fights and never gives in, which can't be said for half the tour...or the posters on MTF.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts