Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People on this forum talk like Wawrinka is a better player it's a joke quite frankly....:mad:

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
People on this forum talk like Wawrinka is a better player it's a joke quite frankly....:mad:
I'd say yes. Rafito is even more hated than Murray. I like Andy and I don't think he really deserves it but MTF is simply a jungle, nothing you can do about it :).

Murray can't simply win this argument against Wawa ... Don't even try. big waste of time. MTF has it's own mind and that's the way it is.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
I'd say yes. Rafito is even more hated than Murray. I like Andy and I don't think he really deserves it but MTF is simply a jungle, nothing you can do about it :).
Who cares what the majority think ? Hasnt this world turned into a silly comedy ? Which leads to think everything that is a product of masses belief turns out to be false or wrong. 99% of people behave differently when they are in group than being alone thinking by themselves.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
So you think Murray is better than Wawrinka? :spit:

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Murray has a better career and he's a more complete player, but at the moment Wawrinka is the better player. And on clay he would be favoured for a straight set win.

Btw, last 2 matches between those guys:

Monte Carlo 2013 - Stan 6-1, 6-2
US Open 2013 - Stan 6-4, 6-3, 6-2

H2H overall is 8-6 for Murray, but on clay 3-0 for Stan (Murray never took a set).

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Murray doesn't seem very intelligent(e.g. doesn't learn from mistakes) and people can see that(yes, even MTF) - that's why we like to poke casual fun at him on occassion. Nothing against him though, he seems like a nice guy and he is a good player.

I rate him more talented than Novak and Rafa but just a little weaker mentally and not very intelligent compared to them.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Amazing username and thread title combo.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Murrayeverunderrated

Whatever happened to simply being underrented?

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Murray has a better career and he's a more complete player, but at the moment Wawrinka is the better player. And on clay he would be favoured for a straight set win.

Btw, last 2 matches between those guys:

Monte Carlo 2013 - Stan 6-1, 6-2
US Open 2013 - Stan 6-4, 6-3, 6-2

H2H overall is 8-6 for Murray, but on clay 3-0 for Stan (Murray never took a set).
Murray was injured on both occasions last year.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
He's currently rated around the correct level I'd say, since Wimbledon he has been playing like a rank #15-20 sort of player (and his ranking may reflect this later in the year when the Wimbledon points come off). A few delusional/piss taking Raytards will continue to spout nonsense about how he will win every tournament, but from what I've seen from Andy post surgery I've basically ruled him out of winning a big tournament again. His best days unfortunately appear to be behind him at this point.

Wawrinka has obviously played at a higher level than Murray in the last 9 months, but anyone who legitimately thinks he is a better player than Murray was a couple of years ago has the memory of a Goldfish. Of course there does seem to be a few posters who equate how good a player is with how hard he hits the ball, but these folk should just be left in the corner of the room.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Yes but it's ok because his fanbase actively hype up his chances which makes it funny.

Clayray4Eva

·
Registered
26,785 Posts
I think he is, don't understand why. I don't know, maybe Europeans are not so fond of the Brits, but you would expect the majority of Americans support him more :shrug:

The guy won 2 GSs ffs, he is clearly No. 4 among the active players and yet, all this hype around Wawa :help:

I like Murray. He is an interesting player with an interesting personality. I just did not understand what happened with Lendl.

·
NAPRED NOLE
1,399 Posts
Well he's ranked lower than he's been since he was a teenager practically, and since Wimbledon he doesn't really have a single noteworthy result to speak of, so I think it's only natural he's not talked about much. He did show some nice game in Miami against Nole, and against Nadal in Rome, so there is something there to work with still and I definitely think for Wimbledon he will be one of the main favourites again..Wouldn't count him out all together just yet, unlike some here..

1 - 20 of 90 Posts