Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think about it, Nadal is a pusher with moonball strokes which works on clay, and Murray is sort of opposite being a pusher with FLAT strokes, and grass is the opposite of clay, if we could justify him not dominating grass nearly as much as Rafa does on clay with the fact that grass turns into green clay by 2nd week, does it make sense ? (Of course, Roger is still better than Murray on Grass)

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Murray isn't a pusher!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Nadal doesn't push as much as Murray. Rafa often tries to take initiative, unless opponent plays very agressively.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Actually current scenario, pusher with flat strokes 0-3 at Wimbledon against pusher with moon ball strokes.

Came on Nadal looks pusher when he's facing someone with no weakness, he's just too good in exploiting weakness but Murray on the other hand has no skills, 0 footwork, 16 yo forehand, Cc *25 backhand, pushing slices-->> 100% pusher.

Please don't degrade Moon balls they are extremely effective!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
both are pushers, nadal is just more aggresive with a powerful FH but he decides to push 3 meters behind the baseline. He uses to moonballing but pusher in spirit.
You are a smart guy, young and smart.

prodigy, just shut up :wavey:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 Wimbledon vs 8 French Opens.

Yeah, sure.
Like I said, we can justify his losses with the fact that Wimby is basically mud in the 2nd week, where all of his losses have come since 2008. The more grass plays like mud, the more it's not suitable for Andy. I have said this before, my point is that if Wimby bounce was low in all the rounds, he would have possibly made the finals several more times.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
yes except Nadal is actually dominant on clay
Starting from Wimbledon 2012 his results on grass are W24 L1 (18 consecutive)

4 finals (Wimbledon 2012, 2013) (Olympics 2012) (Queens 2013)

3 titles (Olympics 2012) (Queens 2013) (Wimbledon 2013)

That may be a shorter time period than Nadal's dominance on clay, but it's currently a dominant record on grass.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Both have decimated Federer at the biggest stages in the game. :worship:

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Starting from Wimbledon 2012 his results on grass are W24 L1 (18 consecutive)

4 finals (Wimbledon 2012, 2013) (Olympics 2012) (Queens 2013)

3 titles (Olympics 2012) (Queens 2013) (Wimbledon 2013)

That may be a shorter time period than Nadal's dominance on clay, but it's currently a dominant record on grass.
where is the dominance there? lol Lets see the facts: 1 Wimbledon won in 9 editions. If you "dominate" something means you win, dominance doesnt mean you reach the final and you lose lol

Nadal dominates clay definitely, won 8 RG of 9.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Have you read that regarding his seeding at Wimbledon this year ?

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/apr/29/andy-murray-wimbledon-seeding-world-ranking

How Queen's 2013 could be added to his ranking points ? Those from 2014, of course yes.

Is Brook not aware of the formula or am I misunderstanding it ?

"Take ESP points at 16 June 2014
Add 100% points earned for all grass court tournament in past 12 months
Add 75% points earned for best grass court tournament in 12 months before that."
(Wimbledon website)

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
where is the dominance there? lol Lets see the facts: 1 Wimbledon won in 9 editions. If you "dominate" something means you win, dominance doesnt mean you reach the final and you lose lol

Nadal dominates clay definitely, won 8 RG of 9.

:facepalm:

Maybe i should highlight parts in bold next time. I even stated in my post where Murray's dominance on Grass started, heck i even stated that it's not as prolonged as Rafa's dominance on clay.

But his grass record since 2012 is more dominant than any other player on tour, i'm not entirely sure i can simplify it further than that. Not once did i say it compares to Rafa's record on clay, i merely stated that currently he holds a better record on Grass than anyone.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts