Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
The special one
14,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andy Murray is having the best season of his career so far playing arguably his best tennis, For me his peak might even come next year when he becomes world no1, he just seems on a mission and already has more points than he did last year and we are only half way into the season, Is this the best we're starting to see now.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Because he won a minor 500 title against Giants like Troicki and Anderson?? :lol:

·
Registered
19,461 Posts
Andy Murray is having the best season of his career so far playing arguably his best tennis, For me his peak might even come next year when he becomes world no1, he just seems on a mission
How ATP #1, when Wawrinka and Djokovic will continue to hammer him in Masters and slams?

:haha:

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
He may become Nr.1 in 2016.

Murray has a 2nd peak coming.

Once Djoker slump he will lose a lot of points.

I call it here first, there are tards saying Djoker will be Nr.1 until 2018.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Murray world #1 :haha: :haha: good one. But I must say this is Murray most consistent season so far he's played well almost every week. Is it his peak I don't thinks so.

·
Registered
19,461 Posts

·
The special one
14,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

If Murray can keep close to Djoker then it's hard to see Murray not becoming world no1 next year with the amount of points Djoker has to defend between Australia and RG

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
If Murray can keep close to Djoker then it's hard to see Murray not becoming world no1 next year with the amount of points Djoker has to defend between Australia and RG
Definitely the joker will lose one quarter of his points next year.
But the person who comes back is not dull.

·
Registered
19,461 Posts
He'd need to win USO and at least 2 Masters till end of year and Novak utterly underperforming in the 2nd half.
Where Novak had only USO SF, Shanghai F, Paris MS win and WTF win as major point gainers there. Still room to improve. :shrug:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Andy Murray is having the best season of his career so far playing arguably his best tennis, For me his peak might even come next year when he becomes world no1, he just seems on a mission and already has more points than he did last year and we are only half way into the season, Is this the best we're starting to see now.
He is playing best season of his career, true. I don't know is it peak, cause I have no idea what peak is, but his playing lvl is possibly his best ever. His FH is better then ever, his BH is still great, and his first serve is hitting high percentage. And he is still very much great defensively. His mind though is still big question mark.

He is also on 8 match loosing streak against Novak, 4 of those are this year, 3 of those are on grand slams.
That same Djokovic has 13845 point from 18 tournaments played, while Murray has 7040 from 21 tournament.
This year alone Djokovic has 7585 points from 9 tournaments, Murray has 4980 from 11 tournaments. That is 2500 points difference with 2 less tournaments played.
Well, OK, I agree, he has cut down difference. In last 6 months last year he had 4300 less points, and he cut that down to being only 2500 points behind Djokovic in first 6 months this year.

But I do admire your enthusiasm though.

I bet you are one of the ppl who are praying for Djokovic downfall since 2011. And when it eventually happens, you will be saying "told you so"... only bad thing for you, Murray's downfall will happen earlier

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
He had his peak in 2012/2013.

·
Registered
645 Posts
so you have no idea how ranksings works? and thats why you think Murray will become world no1! well, this explains a lot...

newsflash: to become world number one Murray have to outperform every single player in last 12 months. it doesn't matter who is defending what, if Murray doesn't collect more points then Djokovic in next 12 months, and all indications are there that he will not, then he will not be world no1 even if next year Djokovic performs worse then he did this year.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Murray is de facto World no#2 right now, so yeah he is in pretty good form. But if he does not win a slam this year this season won't be more special than 2013. As far as No.1 is concerned...it all depends how Djokovic plays the 2nd half of the season. If he wins 3-4 tournaments on hard courts and indoors, then No.1 will be out of reach, since Murray will be defending a lot of points until July 2016. Not that it's any easier for Novak, but Novak is a different story - he's been on top for 3 whole years. He knows what it means to play 'King of the hill'.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
That's flawed reasoning. What tells you that Djokovic won't defend his points, or that Murray will have a worse first half of the year in 2016?

Djokovic has a huge advance on Murray in the points, and he is far more likely to have a good year in 2016 than Murray is.

There's no sign whatsoever for Murray to become n 1. Number 2 yes, but not number 1.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts