Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think he peaked at the AO 2012. Shame it wasn't enough to beat Djokovic and wouldn't have been enough to beat Nadal in the final anyway.

In recent months he has looked out of form physically even if he is mentally starting to improve.

I think even when he beat Djokovic, that was a case of Djokovic having a bad day at the office rather than any blistering display of form by Murray. Murray looked poor throughout that tournament, and his decline was highlighted by Federer's beatdown of him.

Historically, grinders like Murray have always peaked early (see Hewitt).

Can we expect Murray to steadily fall down the rankings in the coming months and years?

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Could be. His legs are getting too thick for his own good. Can't be easy running around when you legs are the size of tree trunks.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think he peaked at the AO 2012. Shame it wasn't enough to beat Djokovic and wouldn't have been enough to beat Nadal in the final anyway.

In recent months he has looked out of form physically even if he is mentally starting to improve.

I think even when he beat Djokovic, that was a case of Djokovic having a bad day at the office rather than any blistering display of form by Murray. Murray looked poor throughout that tournament, and his decline was highlighted by Federer's beatdown of him.

Historically, grinders like Murray have always peaked early (see Hewitt).

Can we expect Murray to steadily fall down the rankings in the coming months and years?
Yes. This time next year Murray will be nothing, occupying the lower echelons of tennis, when you begin searching for another player to waste your life trolling over.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
No, his fitness was always overrated for a grinder.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Nah. He's just a mental midget.

·
Registered
27,280 Posts
No. He will still be at his peak for Miami but the decline will be steep once the dirt season kicks in.

Ajde.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
So he peaked in January of this year and by mid-March, he's in permanent decline?

ActuaLOL.
He peaked at the Bangkok final when he defeated his eternal nemesis, the great Donald Young.

·
Registered
59,356 Posts
I think he is. Watch the Murray-Cilic AO match and you'll see that movement is gone

Ferrer and del Potro are challenging him for #4 in the race, with Ferrer ahead before the European clay season

·
Banned
10,179 Posts
Could be. His legs are getting too thick for his own good. Can't be easy running around when you legs are the size of tree trunks.
thick legs actually account for better leg strength.....tennis players have massive upper bodies and puny legs would only trigger chronic cases for knees and joints.....fed has puny arms, average upper body weight but has got tree trunk like legs.....the weight carried by his legs is lesser compared to his peers, that's why he is still able to zoom all over the court like a speedy old wicked witch.....

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
thick legs actually account for better leg strength.....tennis players have massive upper bodies and puny legs would only trigger chronic cases for knees and joints.....fed has puny arms, average upper body weight but has got tree trunk like legs.....the weight carried by his legs is lesser compared to his peers, that's why he is still able to zoom all over the court like a speedy old wicked witch.....
You're right. I know that, man.

I was just messing because the OP is ridiculous. Murray is at his prime years.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Havent seen any signs of that, 24-25 years old usually are prime years. I have only seen people decline at that age because of injuries, like Ferrero and Kuerten.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts