Mens Tennis Forums banner

181 - 200 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I don't agree with anything monfed says (welcome back though you old champ. Stay now, and don't let things bite you too much). But two points I agree with.

1. The baiting thing is handled too strictly I think. In general it's harmless. I could be wrong here as I don't see all posts of course.

2. In my opinion minor I reactions should be erased automatically after a year. Don't see any reason to keep them around longer.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
The very day ClayDeath was first banned this forum went downhill and it has yet to hit bottom.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
The very day ClayDeath was first banned this forum went downhill and it has yet to hit bottom.
Sorry I don't think so? The stats that BMT360 posted earlier in this thread showed that the forum activity peaked in 2006 and started going down in 2007. I don't believe Clay Death had his first ban back at that time? Someone can correct me, if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Sorry I don't think so? The stats that BMT360 posted earlier in this thread showed that the forum activity peaked in 2006 and started going down in 2007. I don't believe Clay Death had his first ban back at that time? Someone can correct me, if I'm wrong.
I beg to differ. Stats show 2006-2009 was pretty steady and first slum was 2010 and from then on downhill with no brakes. That was when ClayDeath was first banned I seem to recall, and mods went berzek banning people right and left ruining the forum.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I beg to differ. Stats show 2006-2009 was pretty steady and first slum was 2010 and from then on downhill with no brakes. That was when ClayDeath was first banned I seem to recall, and mods went berzek banning people right and left ruining the forum.
See post #89.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
See post #89.
My previous post is based on that spreadsheet. I stand by it: up to 2006 exponential growth, 2006-2009 stagnation (600k visits), 2010 first slum and then downhill.

Rabid Fedtards' character assesination campaign got ClayDeath (and many other Rafaelites) banned and sparked a war that got this forum destroyed. But blame lays on mods, they have never been able to properly handle the forum, their heavy hand got MTF where it is now: ruins. That is a fact, not an opinion.

·
Administrator
10,272 Posts
Rabid Fedtards' character assesination campaign got ClayDeath (and many other Rafaelites) banned and sparked a war that got this forum destroyed. But blame lays on mods, they have never been able to properly handle the forum, their heavy hand got MTF where it is now: ruins. That is a fact, not an opinion.
I find it incredibly hard to believe that a user with just over 40 posts is telling the mods that they are not running the forum correctly.

Thanks for your input.

·
Administrator
10,272 Posts
How would you know this if you joined the forum 7 years later? :lol:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Oh I am an ancient lurker. I remember when Natthi opened Attention Seekers and ClayDeath opened The Castle... I even remember Mae from the time she wasn't a mod. I totally detached around 2011 and in 2017 joined in order to get in touch with someone.

You seem to be focusing on messenger rather than on message. Not in my mood to start an argument over moderation though... I realize that's a touchy issue LoL... but this is a thread about why MTF is in ruins so I guess my opinion is on topic even if not nice to hear to some and have "only" 40 posts.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I don't think the handling of baits is too strict, I think it could be stricter to be honest. I know it's unpopular opinion to say that, but the truth is many posts turn into tard wards and personal attacks or player bashing.

I would argue that while some posters may leave due to modding (is it moding?) being too strict, others may leave due to modding not being strict enough.

Essentially mods have a tough job, they can't win, there's no way you can mod and have everyone happy. How they are handling it right now, isn't bad at all.

That being said, plenty people have mentioned it already..that activity decline doesn't have to do with modding and more with change in how people use forums.

·
Premium Member
21,016 Posts
That's also the time when Facebook and Twitter were experiencing almost exponential growth. No offence to ClayDeath and his threads but I'd say Twitter and Facebook are tad more influential. :D

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
That's also the time when Facebook and Twitter were experiencing almost exponential growth. No offence to ClayDeath and his threads but I'd say Twitter and Facebook are tad more influential. :D
Not to downplay Twitter or FB but ClayDeath's colosal influence on MTF affairs during the 2007-2011 period was simply impossible to match. He was, without a shade of doubt, one of the very few pillars of this house MTF. "Federesians" took the pillar down with their relentless insidious trolling and the help from the staff of those days, little did they know the whole house will catastrophically crumble shortly afterwards.

·
Premium Member
21,016 Posts
Not to downplay Twitter or FB but ClayDeath's colosal influence on MTF affairs during the 2007-2011 period was simply impossible to match. He was, without a shade of doubt, one of the very few pillars of this house MTF. "Federesians" took the pillar down with their relentless insidious trolling and the help from the staff of those days, little did they know the whole house will catastrophically crumble shortly afterwards.
Dude, CD wasn't even a member in 2007, and his first Castle thread didn't hit 1000 posts before 2009, that's already half of your period. :lol: I mean, I was here back then, and there were tons of very active people, not just CD, and that was also peak Fedal time, when everybody and their dog were watching tennis. :)

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Dude, CD wasn't even a member in 2007, and his first Castle thread didn't hit 1000 posts before 2009, that's already half of your period. :lol: I mean, I was here back then, and there were tons of very active people, not just CD, and that was also peak Fedal time, when everybody and their dog were watching tennis. :)
I might slip a year or two about when CD joined, that's irrelevant. The Castle was a consequence, not a reason for CD's importance. He was active mainly in General at first not in NT. You are right, when he opened The Castle he already was a MTF pillar. Of course there were many other relevant MTFers, I miss ActionJackson a lot. Miss Arsen too, that eriet., and Thanos. Unfortunately I don"t remember you at all from that time.

·
Registered
97,137 Posts
I might slip a year or two about when CD joined, that's irrelevant. The Castle was a consequence, not a reason for CD's importance. He was active mainly in General at first not in NT. You are right, when he opened The Castle he already was a MTF pillar. Of course there were many other relevant MTFers, I miss ActionJackson a lot. Miss Arsen too, that eriet., and Thanos. Unfortunately I don"t remember you at all from that time.
what a pity eriet isn't back now when Tsitispas is relevant
you're a DA i think but in this ghost town it shouldn't be important

forum took the first hit when Safin retired and Safinettes moved on :sad: but yeah 2005-2011 was generally like a golden era here

i'm married to Arsen these days, been a few years already lol

181 - 200 of 237 Posts