Mens Tennis Forums banner

What do you from Milos Raonic in years to come?

• top-10 level for a few years and some deep runs at MS, Slams & 500 and 250 titles

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
WOAT Predictor
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the most talented players of the 21th century and also very unlucky one with injuries and peaking during Murrovic duopoly.
Another soldier of Orthodox Christian Army of ATP.
He's been injured for years and even at 50% of his abilities is still a top-10 player and can school any nextgenner or zoomer or snowflake.
I feel like he made a break to prepare himself for the last one big push. I believe he can pull Kevin Anderson type of run in next two years and might even win Masters or even Slam. Imagine scenes in Podgorica if that happens (y)
So what do you expect from him in years to come?

·
GOAT Predictor
4,222 Posts
One of the most talented players of the 21th century and also very unlucky one with injuries and peaking during Murrovic duopoly.
Another soldier of Orthodox Christian Army of ATP.
He's been injured for years and even at 50% of his abilities is still a top-10 player and can school any nextgenner or zoomer or snowflake.
I feel like he made a break to prepare himself for the last one big push. I believe he can pull Kevin Anderson type of run in next two years and might even win Masters or even Slam. Imagine scenes in Podgorica if that happens (y)
So what do you expect from him in years to come?
Great tennis post! I voted!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Journeyman now. Raonic tried everything, every coach possible, to refine his game. He maximized his talent and came so so close to winning a major. Close but no cigar. He's the modern day Todd Martin. Nice guy but left standing in the shadows of the greats.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Agree Raonic was a victim of the era and recently unlucky with injuries. However, his game is very dull as is his on court personality (off court seems like an interesting guy). As such I’m fine with him not being a factor.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I can't see another top 10 run to be honest. Although Raonic only turns 31 next month, with all the injuries he'd had, he's an old 31.

If he ends next year in the top 30 he'll have done well I think.

·
Registered
14,597 Posts
Sadly, there's no reason to think there's anything but further injuries in his future. He hasn't even been able to play a somewhat full season since 2018 and his body has deteriorated even further since then. It's not a question of level either, he's still a top 10/20 guy whenever he sets foot on a court. It's just a question of how much tennis his body will allow him to play and the answer to that question for years now has been very little. He will likely never reach the top 10 or 20 again because he'd have to be able to play close to full seasons to do that. That said, he may still be able to go on a deep run at a slam like Wimbledon and I suspect that's where his focus will be in the last few years of his career.

It's too bad because he was a great player at his peak (2016 in particular), but injuries never allowed him to fulfill his ultimate potential (well that and the Djokovic era).

·
Registered
17,735 Posts
If the botnic draw generator doesn't work anymore then hes done

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
0 — number of ATP titles Medvedev, Zverev, Tsitsipas, Rublev, Berrettini, Ruud, Hurkacz and Sinner (8 of the current Top 10) had won in their careers at the time of Raonic winning his last ATP title.
With his serve he could still be a dangerous early round opponent and cause a couple upsets per year but that's about it.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
0 — number of ATP titles Medvedev, Zverev, Tsitsipas, Rublev, Berrettini, Ruud, Hurkacz and Sinner (8 of the current Top 10) had won in their careers at the time of Raonic winning his last ATP title.
With his serve he could still be a dangerous early round opponent and cause a couple upsets per year but that's about it.
I remember his matches in San Jose and especially in Memphis early 2011, he was so good that I thought he was a lock to win several slams.

·
Registered
17,735 Posts
So Milos should be dancing at streets of Podgorica, my draw generator is still kicking, and it will be even better in 2022.
I don't think Milo knows how to dance so god help us all.

• Haha
Reactions: Botnic

·
Premium Member
9,700 Posts
His career was over as soon as he went up a break in the 3rd set in that Cincinnati final and bended like a clown.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts