Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so... I think we know how the SF pairings will go when the draw comes out next week (assuming the 2020 AO begins on time): Djokovic/Medvedev and Rafa/Rogie!! They will not go Djokovic/Rogie and Rafa/Medvedev IMO, but could I be wrong sure, do they want a Rogie vs. Djokovic F or a Rogie vs. Rafa F or Djokovic vs. Rafa F??

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good well then, onto the SF pairings we know it's 1 of 2 scenarios, but the QF pairings is where it can get really interesting with numbers 5-8!!

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
5-8 are in poor form and not as dangerous as usual 5-8s in my opinion.
I know what you mean, do you really see Thiem, Tsitsipas, Zverev, or Berrettini winning?? Of the 4, best chances Tsitsipas, but he won't win... That leaves, Djokovic, Rafa, Rogie, and Medvedev as the 4!!

·
Registered
620 Posts
I know what you mean, do you really see Thiem, Tsitsipas, Zverev, or Berrettini winning?? Of the 4, best chances Tsitsipas, but he won't win... That leaves, Djokovic, Rafa, Rogie, and Medvedev as the 4!!
The dangerous players (besides the top 4) are sprinkled around the rankings this year more than usual. There could be some very nasty draws as a result.

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, we just have to "suffer" several more days until the draw comes out, assuming the event starts on time still!!

·
WOAT Predictor
7,007 Posts
The dangerous players (besides the top 4) are sprinkled around the rankings this year more than usual. There could be some very nasty draws as a result.
Tsitispas is still dangerous, esp to the likes of Federer.
Thiem has been underwhelming at the AO, but still in the mix.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Tsitsipas can beat Federer and Medvedev in a QF. I don't think Thiem will do well this year at AO. Slamrev is a joke. Berettinni to me is still a fluke until proven otherwise. The poster is right. 3 of the 4 5th-8th seeds aren't scary this year. Hidden threats are Shapovalov, RBA, Lajovic, Wawrinka, and maybe even someone like Raonic. De Minaur might also do some damage(but not enough to the top 4).

I think there's a solid chance the top 4 seeds will be your top 4 in the tournament(Zverev has been fking this up while he was a top 4 seed for a year or two).

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What makes for the best 2020 AO F though, Rogie/Rafa, Rogie/Djokovic, or Rafa/Djokovic??

IMO it's Rogie/Djokovic, therefore it's impreative they're in opposite halves of the draw, but we'll see later this week!!

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
What makes for the best 2020 AO F though, Rogie/Rafa, Rogie/Djokovic, or Rafa/Djokovic??

IMO it's Rogie/Djokovic, therefore it's impreative they're in opposite halves of the draw, but we'll see later this week!!
Honestly these days, Djokovic would probably prefer Roger in his SF over Medvedev. Med feels like his biggest threat these days.

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All true, but I think Djokovic won't get his wish, therefore Djokovic WILL get Medvedev in the SF and NOT Rogie!!

·
justice for all
18,844 Posts
What makes for the best final?

1) a New Face vs a New Face
2) a New face vs an Old Face
3) a New Face vs a BIG3
4) an Old Face vs a BIG3
5) a BIG3 vs a BIG3

I am really fed up with those grandpas. Roger is an exception but I'd trade him for a Domi vs Stef final.

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
"Former No.1 Mats Wilander confessed that he only sees five men with options to win the title in Melbourne: Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Daniil Medvedev and Stefanos Tsitsipas "

My take: Same 5 for me, with greatest chances to Djokovic and Rogie, then Rafa, then Medvedev and Tsitsipas!! Or Rafa along w/ Medvedev and Tsitsipas, the fact they're putting Rafa ahead of Rogie as a favorite to win the 2020 AO is IMO insulting..

·
Registered
22,457 Posts
If it's not Rafa, may it be one of Stef or Daniil

when's the draw out?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts